CHAPTER 6: London

"To be clear, this is not normal, you know that right?"

"What isn't normal?" Almira asked. The four kids sat in a circle playing uno as their private jet flew them from NYC to London.

"Just hopping on a plane because you got a mysterious letter. Especially without telling your parents and no offense Almira, you're awesome, but we met you yesterday."

Almira took no offense and instead laughed. "You're right, I am awesome." She put down a +4 for Q. "Color changes to red and I met you two days ago Kitty." She laughed again when Q began sputtering in indignation at the +4. .

Kitty smiled but grew serious again. "But this really isn't normal."

"It is for me." Q said, frowning. "My parents rarely know where I am during the summer." Min Ho and Almira nodded in agreement. Q wasn't wrong, in fact it was tradition for their parents to hand them keys to their bank accounts and then float away any responsibility of caring for them. They often traveled everywhere; just like this trip except somehow this flight held higher stakes.

"Must be a rich people thing then." Kitty muttered looking away. She had called her father earlier that morning to ask to go to London. His answer? An expected no. Her response? A lie that Lara was coming with. And Lara? Clueless. Kitty knew she was bound to get caught but she wanted to go and she knew she was in good hands. She just had no clue how to convince her family that. They didn't understand how big her world was now, she told herself. She wasn't wrong, spending time with Min Ho, Q, and the rest had given her unparalleled access to an entire world she didn't know existed. So she lied.

Noticing her being upset, Min Ho nudged her knee slightly. She hadn't told them she lied so they remained clueless about her source of stress. "We'll be landing soon." He promised her kindly but this only worried her more.

"What the heck is Notting Hill anyway?" Almira asked the rest as their descent began.

"An Amazing Movie!" Yelled Q from the back in shock. Kitty nodded along with him, a scandalized look on her face.

Min Ho turned around sharply. "I thought your friend was picking us up?" He questioned, worried. He wasn't keen on trusting someone they had met so recently but he didn't know who else to go to in London other than his snobby relatives - who he was keen on avoiding.

"Yeah he is. So?"

"But you don't know where Notting Hill is?"

"I promised us a guide and a place to stay, not that I knew where your cousin was leading us." Her voice was kind of waspish and Kitty peeked a concerned face from behind a curtain. "We good over there?"

"Sorry I didn't mean it like that." Min Ho muttered but he still was nervous. This went against everything he was taught about not trusting people. It took him 4 months to warm up to Q and an entire year for Kitty. But he still was right of course, he had a backup plan just in case Almira's friend was absolutely bonkers.

Of course, though, he was the most impeccably dressed looking dude in the airport. He looked out of place among the people awaiting their friends and families. His neon cover up and pink undershirt shone a spotlight on him as he stood awaiting them. With his hand on his hip like he was posing for the paparazzi, he addressed Almira. "Hey."

In response Almira launched herself at him hugging him while wearing a shit eating grin. He chuckled and wrapped an arm around her, the other still on his hip. Min Ho immediately didn't like him and scowled while introductions were made.

"He's not a threat, you know?" Q whispered in his ear, holding back a laugh as the odd group walked to a car.

"You can't guarantee that." Min Ho responded. Yes, he was used to going all over the world unsupervised during the summer but he rarely blindly trusted strangers, and while Kitty and Q were obsessed with Almira, Min Ho had no inhibition on showing her his distrust until she proved herself.

"Marcel was it?" He asked Almira's friend who raised an eyebrow in response. It irked Min Ho that he was an inch taller but was satiated when he noticed Marcel's platform boots. "Where are we walking?"

"To my ride." He replied simply gesturing towards a limo. It was stretched across three parking spots. "My driver is waiting." Min Ho nodded and trudged ahead, not missing Kitty's look of absolute awe and wonder. Of course Marcel would show off his money, Min Ho thought angrily. His face settled into a permanent scowl. Q started laughing.

"Home sweet home." Marcel said, opening a door to a massive hotel suite. "Now why have I been summoned by Mira?" He asked.

"Want to do the introduction?" Almira nodded towards Min Ho. Her earlier waspish-ness had vanished immediately and she was back on good terms. The sentiment was not returned.

"My cousin disappeared and left me a letter to follow her trail of letters all over the world." He must sound insane, he wondered.

Instead Marcel nodded like it was just another Tuesday. "Right, that's fun. So the Notting Hill reference? It's a travel bookshop. Opens tomorrow."

"It's a crime you haven't watched the movie." Q told Almira as he spun around the room. Almira smiled in response as Q took in the beautiful furniture. "This place is gorgeous."

"Well, of course it's The Savoy. She's quite beautiful but obviously not the best." Min Ho nodded in agreement before he realized and then scolded himself and returned to a stiff posture.

"Not the best?" Kitty muttered in wonderment. It was quite an awkward moment, Min Ho thought. Almira sat on the bed studying her nails, Marcel standing at the door on his phone, and Q and Kitty grinning like idiots.

"Okay," He interrupted the silence. It was only uncomfortable for him, the others hadn't minded but Min Ho only became tenser with the lack of activity. "If we're going to the travel bookshop tomorrow, what now?"

For the first time Marcel's smirk grew into a big smile. "I'm your guide, am I not? Let me guide you." Min Ho's posture got even stiffer if possible. 

I'm sorry about the month between updates  😭 I read multiple amazing books and had a breakdown about how my writing sucked and planned on scrapping this entire story. But I didn't! Here's a new chapter albeit a short one. However, I am back to writing quite often so expect a new chapter soon! 

Also thank you for all your comments <3 they're primarily the reason I decided to continue writing this although it's filled with plot holes, chunky transitions, and a rather odd plot. Y'all are the best! Once again please vote and please, please comment! I love reading them so much. 

Kaav!