CHAPTER 7: A debacle

Min Ho's legs hurt. They had been walking for hours, going from random pub, to random shop, to a random something or another. Q and Kitty were hand in hand, Almira was on Marcel's back, and Min Ho was fifth wheeling. He was acting like a toddler.

Finally, when Almira had accidentally fallen asleep on Marcel's back he agreed to recede to the hotel. "Thank goodness." Min Ho muttered underneath his breath while Q and Kitty dramatically groaned. As soon as the five were in the car Marcel singled in on Min Ho and decided to interrogate him.

"Who even is your cousin anyway?" He asked lightly but his eyes betrayed him with the way they narrowed at Min Ho in suspicion.

"Her name is Ara Kim. She's mostly known for her modeling and such."

"And such?"

"He means her parties." Q added in unhelpfully.

"Is that where you met Almira?" Marcel asked, his voice a little lower. Min Ho understood now, with the way Almira leaned against him and the way Marcel held her. They had history history.

"Yup. She offered us onion rings."

"She's too trusting."

"Glad it was us who found her then."

"Yes, glad." And then he was very slightly sneering and Min Ho was getting very slightly even more aggravated. What the fuck was with this git.

The car settled in a silence which was only disturbed with Kitty's oohing and aahing at different sights and Q giggling at her astonishment. Marcel stared gloomily out the window and with an attempt at an olive branch, Min Ho cleared his throat. "Almira was a big help to getting us here so quickly and we love having her with us. If the next letter takes us somewhere else, I'm sure she'd love to have you come with." Q and Kitty stared at Min Ho in confusion and to be honest his expression was quite similar. He hadn't been thinking when he said this and he wasn't quite sure why. It's to make sure Almira leaves quicker with Marcel, he told himself quickly but it was a poor excuse and he knew it.

"Thanks, I'll talk to her 'bout it." Marcel answered quietly. He too seemed confused. Welcome to the club, Min Ho thought, annoyed.

The next morning Min Ho woke at the crack of dawn and was surprised to find everyone else already awake. They all were awfully jittery at the prospect of a new letter and rode the limo in a tense silence. Soon, since it was the weekend, the streets of london were too crowded because of the market. So they took off at a brisk walk towards the travel bookshop.

"I love Hugh Grant but he's a bit of a prat though." Almira said conversationally while they stood, crammed in the bookstore. Min Ho zoned out Q's reply as he frustratedly asked the woman at the desk - Jenny, maybe - if someone left a letter recently. No, not recently, maybe even a while back.

"I don't work here everyday." She repeated placatingly. Bless her patience.

"But someone has to have dropped off a letter."

"Yes, but I wouldn't know. This place is quite famous so many people work here for brief stints. The cast of employees changes daily." This wasn't new knowledge. She had said this twice now.

"But you've got to know." Min Ho whined slightly, running his hands through his hair.

Jenny's right eye twitched.

Kitty pushed through and shoved Min Ho to the side. "So sorry about his behavior. Do you have an idea of where someone might've placed the envelope for safekeeping per say?" She disregarded Q's questioning look at her "per say."