King's Death

Author's Note: Sorry for the LONG wait! <3
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No one's POV

Past and Present 20 Years

             During the span of 20 years, it was known to be the time of peace within the kingdoms. However, King Logon wasn't happy with the decision to keep peace. He is always known to be a greedy man. With his Queen by his side, she made him agree to a peace treaty for the sake of their marriage.

         King Victor and Queen Ivy gave birth to a boy. His name is Prince Hunter. King Logon and Queen Juliet gave birth to two twin girls. Their names are Princess Blair & Princess Kira. While King Leo and Queen Clara gave birth to a girl named Princess Amara. King William met a young village girl and married her. Nine months later, Queen Emily gave birth to a boy named Drew.

       All the surrounding kingdoms made a council involving all of the Kings. To decide on rules and sign peace treaties. Like the one between King Logon and King Leo.

      During the council meetings, it always ends in King Logon yelling at other Kings, threating them with war. King Logon has the majority of votes in the council, because of his alliances.

***
King Leo's Death

        One night, King Leo passed away in his sleep. The royal doctor decided it was a heart attack. Queen Clara swore she'll never marry again. He was her husband in life and in death. She would always love him and their beautiful child, who is now a grown woman.

        All the Kings and Queens of the kings of surrounding kingdoms. Even far away King and Queens traveled to pay their respects to King Leo. Everyone talked about how they remembered King Leo and his beloved first Queen.

        Everyone pays close attention to Queen Clara and Princess Amara. Queen Clara has to decide who is going to rule their Kingdom. Because King Leo never had a son.

      Should Queen Clara marry again? Would the Queen force Princess Amara to marry? She is the right age to marry.

      Everyone in all the Kingdoms was talking about Queen Clara and Princess Amara.

Council Meeting

       The council meeting was called because of King Leo's death. The council meeting was attended by King Logon, King William and King Victor and other small Kings from around the kingdoms.

      Someone rang the bell to start the meeting. The first King who stood up was King Logon.

"I made a move to take over King Leo's throne and kingdom. King Leo never had a son. My wife is his sister."
"Wait until Queen Clara comes to the meeting to discuss this." One King said.

"Queen Clara has just as a right to rule their kingdom." King Victor with an angry tone.
"You are only saying that because of your Queen—." Other King chimed in.

King Victor stood up and looked down at him, "Watch your words, or it will be your last. I will cut off your head and put it on my poles and give your bodies to my pigs."

         The lowly King sunk into his seat. After saying that, King Victor sat back down in his seat.

"Moving on." Looking at King Victor.

         The doors opened and Queen Clara and Princess Amara walked into the council room. Everyone looked at both of them. The two looked beautiful in their gowns and crowns.

"Thank you, Queen Clara, for joining us today. Princess Amara didn't have to come."

      The Kings looked around confused. Queen Clara took a deep breath and looked at Princess Amara.

"I came here today with Princess Amara because I want to step down and have her rule the kingdom. That is what the late King Leo would've wanted." She raised her head, trying not to cry. "We discussed this together before his death, but nothing was in writing. Now I intend to make it official." She looked over at Princess Amara, "I will be around to help her, but I will not be ruling. It's her time to rule."

(Chatter)
"Without a King?"
"Is she going to marry?"
"To whom?"
"I will not be getting married."
"How can she rule without a King?"

King Logon spoke up, "I will be taking over your kingdom. A woman cannot rule without a King."

Queen Clara quickly turned to King Logon, "Remember, we have a peace treaty."
"That was again my kingdom and King Leo. Since King Leo is dead. That peace treaty is terminated."

"If you remember King Logon, I signed that treaty agreement too."
"Your point?"
"That peace treaty is intended for peace between the kingdoms, not just between the Kings."

         Queen Clara emphasizes the word "intended." When she spoke, slightly raising her voice when she said the word. Everyone in the room nodded their heads in agreement.

       She was right, the peace treaty was signed to keep the peace between the Kingdoms, not just the Kings. Everyone in the room, minus a few, was there in this exact room when it was signed. The room was just finished, and the building was completed when it was signed.

King William spoke up, "Maybe if Princess Amara can show us that she can make her kingdom profitable and keep the peace between the people, and the other kingdoms." Staring at King Logon.

"I agree. I think it's a great opportunity for the young Princess."

(Chatter)
"What about her getting married?"
"She's still going to rule without a King?"
"But she's a woman?"

King Logon speaks up, "90 days until the next meeting. She'll have to get married or surrender her kingdom to me."

       Queen Clara nodded, and everyone in the room agreed. Not at the last part, but the 90 days or get married.