The Ocean?

Everyone agreed, Princess Amara will have 90 days to show the kingdoms that she can push her kingdom forward. With riches and prosperity, also peace. With the help of her mother by her side.

    After Queen Clara and Princess Amara they were escorted out of the room. The Kings stayed back into the room to discuss upcoming events.

***

As the woman walked out to their carriages, Princess Amara pulled her mother's side.

"I don't want to get married in 90 days."
Queen Clara took a deep breath, "King Logon, always been greedy. I told her father to put it in writing. He never wanted to listen to me."

"Mother, that means I have to find a new way to make our kingdom stronger and wealthier in 90's days."
"Then we better get to it."

***

          The Queen and princess arrived at their castle. They both went into the late King's library, where he would always do his work. The Queen sat down at his wooden desk and read everything that was on the table.

"Your father was always worried about his kingdom. What would he do now if he would know what King Logon was trying to do."

"If he could see us now, and what's going on. He wouldn't be happy. He would want to start a war with him."
"I agree."

KNOCK, KNOCK

"Come in."

        A knight came in with a letter in his hand. The wax seal was King Logon and his color. Each Kingdom has different colors. The colors can be red, blue, green, yellow, etc. Each King has a different animal for their seal to represent their Kingdom. King Leo's was a red lion.

"Speak on the devil." The princess rolled her eyes, noticing the wax seal.

        Queen Clara waved the knight away. Not looking at him, only at the letter. The knight bowed and walked out of the room, closing the door behind him. The Queen opened the letter with a knife opener that was King Leo's.

As the Queen reads the letter in her hand, "What does it say?" The princess asked.

"King Logon will be cutting the trade route between the borders."

        Putting down the letter on the deck. The Queen shook her head in disbelief. Biting her lip and pacing around the room.

"If your father was here." She shook her head.

        The princess sat down in a chair across from the table. Tears started to come down her face. With her hands, she covered her face. The Queen got up and comforted her daughter.

The Queen started to cry too, "It's going to be okay. We'll figure it out together."
"I miss daddy. And-." She paused, she saw something in the distance.

         The princess got up from the chair and moved away from the table and walked to the big window facing the ocean.

"The ocean." Her eyes got big, just staring outside the window.
"The ocean?"

"Why don't we make trade agreements and trade deals with the fisherman? We can also trade goods with other kingdoms. There's Kings and Queens that remembers daddy." Excitement increased with each sentence.

"We only control a small fleet of ships. Very small, probably 3, I think. I would have to check, that's madly how we get our fish and we only have a couple of villages that border the ocean."

"He doesn't have any ships in our fleet or docks." She paused, "We can have control over the ocean. We still have the side of our border with King Victor."
"Now I have to stop you there."

"Why?"
"We already make money by selling fish and other goods. From what we bring in at the docks, and other resources. Our fleet of ships are already doing enough."

"Maybe we can get more ships and we can still trade with the King and Queens that remember daddy, it's the ones that live far away."

         Thinking about which King and Queen that the Princess is talking about, King George and Queen Doris. Remembering, they were friends with King Leo and the first Queen. They never cared about her. They only tolerated her because of King Leo. King George and Queen Doris didn't like the big age difference between her and King Leo. She doubted that they would help her. If they were to help, it would take too long and cost money.

"That takes money and time. In which we don't have."

"Maybe we can ask King Victor and Queen Ivy for help."
"I don't know. They have been talking about giving up their seats and leaving their titles to Prince Hunter."
"Maybe I can ask him to help."

       The Queen gave the princess a smirk. The princess just walked out of the room, not knowing what the Queen meant by the smirk.

***

          Princess Amara took a carriage to King Victor and Queen Ivy's Kingdom to see Prince Hunter. Princess Amara and Prince Hunter grew up together, like brother and sister.

        Since their Kingdom was close together, they often played and spent time together. Since Prince Hunter was the oldest out of the two, he always wanted to protect her. Prince Amara always looked at Prince Hunter as an older protective figure, nothing romantic.

        Both the set of parents, Kings and Queens, did not see it that way. They hoped that the young children would grow into lovers when they got older. Making King Victor Kingdom and King Leo's Kingdom into one Kingdom.

       Both the set of parents, Kings and Queens, did not want to force their children to have a romantic relationship. They did not want to have a contract that would force the children, the Prince and Princess, to get married. They only hoped for their children and Kingdom.