A Journey

A Journey
No one's POV

      King Victor and Queen Ivy agreed to let Princess Amara use one of Prince Hunter's ships.

***

     While her personal knights and crewmen made sure that they have everything they need to survive on their journey at sea. Both Princess Amara and Prince Hunter were in the library. She wrote to her mother. While Prince Hunter helped plan out the route for her ship to take. Prince Hunter loved the sea and wanted to help.

"Amara please make sure the captain goes the way I have mapped out." In a serious tone.

"Don't be so serious. That tone makes you sound scary."
"This is serious, Amara. You don't know what can happen at sea."
"I know."
"No you don't. There are pirates. There are waves that come out of nowhere and flip over your ship. There are giant creatures in the—"

Princess Amara cut him off, "Stop. You are just trying to scare me."
"I'm just trying to tell you what can happen."
"If you are so worried about me going, then you can come long."
"I'm sorry, Amara."
"I know..."

           Looking down at the handwritten letter to her mother. She knew why Prince Hunter can't go with her on her journey. He made plans with his friends  from other countries for his birthday. At least she was able to use one of his ships for her journey.

       Princess Amara knocked on the wooden closed doors and one of Prince Hunter's knights came out.

"Please take me to my Kingdom and give it to the Queen."
"Yes, your highness."

      The knights walked out with the letter in his hand and closed the doors behind him.

       Prince Hunter and Princess Amara spent the rest of the night talking about what can happen at sea and about pirates. Prince Hunter was adamant about telling her what can happen. Especially about pirates.

Next Day

     Princess Amara and everyone said goodbye and set sail on her magnificent ship, embarking on a grand voyage across the vast seas. With the help of her personal knights, one lady waiting and dozens of crew onboard the ship. The crew men included the captain, first commander and many other men with different roles on the ship.

The flagpole was raised with her Kingdom's flag, an all red flag with a golden lion in the middle.

***
10 Days Into her Journey

        10 days into her journey, she felt homesick for her Kingdom. She missed home and she missed her mother. Her mother missed her too. Still, she was in mourning for the loss of her father. She knew she was on the right path for her Kingdom.

       As Princess Amara's ship glided through the calm waters, a dark silhouette emerged on the horizon. Suddenly, a fleet of fearsome pirate ships surrounded her vessel from every side of her ship, ready to plunder and pillage.

        Panic and fear consumed the Princess and her loyal crew as they prepared to defend their ship against the ruthless pirates.

"Wait for my orders!" The captain of her ship yelled to everyone on board.

        The pirates' ships were watching their every move and waiting on their orders. The pirates' ships were armed and ready for battle. Their flag was raised high in the air and a gunport was opened on the side of the ship ready for their cannon to fire.

Someone that she never heard before yelled out, "Wait for orders!"

       The waves were still, and the waters were calm. Everyone held their breath and watching, what was going to happen.

"Going on board."

       A crewman from the pirate ship took a wooden board, so the ships would be connected. Three pirates came on board the Princess ship.

      Her knights surround her to protect her, and her maid is right beside her. Holding onto the Princess for comfort and protection.

"That is King Nathan." Her maid whispered into her ear.

     Among the notorious pirates that came onto her ship was the infamous King Nathan, a man known far and wide for his cunning ways and insatiable thirst for treasure. One of the pirates that Prince Hunter told her about.

       King Nathan in a majestic crimson coat, white shirt and black pants, and a tricorn hat, he exuded an air of authority and audacity that commanded respect from his crew and hers.

        King Nathan looking around the ship. King Nathan's eyes met Princess Amara's, and for a fleeting moment, they knew who was in charge of the ship.