Alone (When Darkness Comes)

Side Note~ I noticed that I haven't written a chapter in Drew's P.O.V., so here it is...

Please Excuse Mistakes

Omniscient
Drew sat alone in his house as the weight of loneliness settled heavily on the mounts of his shoulders. It had been a couple years since he last saw Karen, his distant lover. Fate had torn them apart, but they knew it was necessary for their own separate paths. The ache in Drew's heart grew stronger as each day passed. He longed for her presence and the love that they had once shared.

Drew stumbled across a forgotten vault that was tucked away in the corner of his closet. He inserted the code into the keypad and the vault unlocked. He opened it and found Polaroid pictures of Karen and her radiant smile frozen in time. The sight of her brought a flood of memories rushing back to him, causing his heart to ache even more.

Lost in his emotions, Drew's mind wandered back to their last encounter

Lost in his emotions, Drew's mind wandered back to their last encounter. A flashback that has played vividly in his mind since then. It was raining that day and the water imitated the tears that fell from their eyes. They stood facing each other, their hearts heavy with realization of that they had to let go.

*Flashback to 3 years prior*

"Karen, we can't keep holding onto what we have. I know it hurts the both of us to be apart, but just know it's necessary. I want you to find someone else who can make you happy in ways that I can't." Drew said a bit teary eyed.

"I understand Drew. We both have dreams we want to pursue, even if they take us to different directions. But just know, what we had was real and I'll always cherish the love we had." Karen said with her voice trembling.

"I know Karen. That's why it's so hard for me to let you go, but I just can't bear to see you stuck in the past, waiting for something that might not ever come." Drew said seeing tears spill out on Karen's face. His touch lingered as she softly spoke.

"That's what I love about you Drew. You've always been so selfless. I'll try my hardest to move forward, but don't think our love didn't mean anything to me because it did. I'll always carry apart of you with me." She said.

As the rain fell down on them, the intensity of their emotions grew, soaking with the drops that fell out on them. In that moment they knew that they made the right decision to let go, but agony consumed the both of them, as it was necessary for them to forge separate paths in search of their own happiness.

They shared their last embrace as he held her tightly in his arms. They felt the presence of their heartbeats aligning with one another. Lost in the moment, Drew leaned in and his lips were met with Karen's as they melted in a passionate kiss. The warmth of the embrace and kiss lingered, amplifying the intensity and desire for one another. He pulled away from the kiss before it turned into something more and him bending her over the hood of his car.

The rain washed away their tears, causing the pain of their hearts to mask. The love that they had once shared remained etched into the depths of their souls.

*Flashback ends*

As Drew kept the Polaroid pictures clutched in his hand, he realized that he couldn't keep living in the past. He knew that he had to let go of Karen completely so she could find the happiness that she truly deserves. With a heavy sigh, he tucked the photos back into the vault with a bittersweet smile formed on his face.

Drew would always cherish the love he shared with Karen, but he also knew that their separation was necessary for their growth. As he looked towards the future, he hoped that they would both find the happiness they sought, even if it meant walking separate paths.

—————————————-
Author's Note:
How do y'all feel about seeing things in Drew's perspective?

What do y'all think is gonna happen next?

LMK how y'all feel about this chapter.

Thank you so much for reading. Until Next Time 🤍