Chapter 1

SCARLETT'S POV:

Recently we started filming the black phone 2. I play Vance's younger sister, Missy. Yes i hate that name as much as you do. In 2021 we started filming The Black Phone (1) and for a while, we lived in a giant hotel suite with the teens of the cast. Not all of us but most. Not the ones who barely had any scenes. (Spencer, Jorden, Reagen, etc.) Still love them tho.

It was day 2 of filming The Black Phone 2 and we were staying in the same suite. Same rooms, same people, the only thing that had changed were our looks.

I got out 8 salad bowls and 8 pre-made salads from the grocery store. I always make/order dinner because im like a mother to the cast, without me they would probably not survive. Once a week, we ate salads for dinner. The other nights we just ordered uber eats. But today was salad day. Everyone liked their salads differently. Mason liked his without the onion, Maddy liked hers with only half the dressing, Brady wanted the other half of Maddy's dressing, Tristan didn't like the walnuts (i take his walnuts cuz i love walnuts), Jacob didn't like the raisins, Becca didn't like the walnuts AND the raisins and Miguel just like his exactly how the store made it.

While putting the salads together i was home alone and blasting Speak Now (Taylor's version) and singing (screaming) along. Back to December came on and that's my favorite Speak now song. I cranked the volume up even higher and sang along.

Then Miguel walked into the suite and i stopped singing. "Hey!" He said. "Hi!" I replied. He was out of breath. "Did you run home or something?" I asked. "Yeah actually." He said. "Why?" I asked him. "Felt like it." He said. "Hm." I replied. He put his jacket away and walked towards me. "Can i help?" He asked. "If you want too." I replied. "I want to." He said. He looked in my eyes. He was smiling but there was no emotion behind his eyes. Ever since we broke up in December there has been an awkwardness between us. Or, not an awkwardness just an emotionless aura or something. In my opinion, the worst feeling is looking at someone you once loved and not feeling anything.

He opened one of the salads and looked at me confused. "What?" I asked. "You've already made 3 salads but there al different." He said. "Yeah." I replied. "Why?" He asked. "Everyone likes them differently." I replied. "Who's should i make?" He asked. "Whichever one you want." I said. "Which one is the easiest?" He asked. "Yours." I replied. "Wow." He said. I laughed.

I think deep down i still liked Miguel but I don't know in what way. We were both making salads and singing/humming along to the music. Miguel didn't really like Taylor but he listened to her when we were dating cuz i did. When i realized my favorite part was coming on i took a spoon and stepped back. "This is my part!!" I said while walking to the middle of the room. He stepped back and put down whatever he was holding to look at me. "I miss your tan skin, ur sweet smile, so good to me so right. And how you held me in ur arms that September night!!" I loudly sung while looking at Miguel. He looked at me and burst out laughing. I did too.

Then the rest came home. "Hey guys!!" I said while walking back to the counter. "Hey!" Some of them replied. "Ugh salads!" Brady said. "If it wasn't for these salads you wouldn't have dinner." I replied. "Alright MOM." Brady replied. I grinned at him and he did one of those half tounge out annoyed faces. How is this man 18!? They all grabbed a glass and filled them with whatever drink they wanted to drink. I put the salads down at the table and we all sat down. Exept for Miguel. "Scar?" He asked. "Hm?" I replied. "What do you wanna drink?" He asked. "Oh uhm water please." I said. Did not know i forgot to get a drink but its cute he didn't.

After dinner ended and we talked about a bunch of stuff i went into my room and locked the door. I wanted to be alone. Id been around people all day and that can be kinda exhausting. I wanted to write some of my thoughts down so i took one of my empty school notebooks and wrote 'diary' on it. I opened it and started writing.

-
July 11th 2023.

Dead diary, that sounded cheesy as hell. This is the first time I've ever had a dairy and I don't really know what to write so ill just treat you like a friend im talking to. Okay so my ex boyfriend and now costar (Miguel) has been on my mind since Sunday. We started talking in June 2022 when the premiere for the black phone happened. We started dating in August 2022. He was honestly a really good boyfriend and im the reason we broke up. (actually it was long distance but thats not the point) Were kinda Taylor and Taylor coded. Like in back to December. I sung the like 'i miss ur tan skin and ur sweet smile' thing today while being with him and the thing is, i kinda do think i miss his tan skin and his sweet smile. I mean, I don't like him. He doesn't like me but he was an amazing boyfriend. If we were to get back together id treat him so much better. I know it won't work like that tho. We won't get back together. We broke up in late December 2022 because we both felt like we didn't have much contact anymore. Immediately after we broke up i kinda regretted it. God. I think i might still be in love with him but i cant be. What if we have a forbidden love trope? AAAAA i like him so much. I can't stop thinking about him and thats the first time that's happened. Ive never like anybody as much as i like him.
-

There was a knock on my door. I heard Mason say: "Hey Scar were gonna watch a movie if you wanna watch with us come!!" Most days after dinner i went to my room for about an hour because then im just kinda done with being social for that day. The whole cast knows and is pretty understanding. "What movie?" I asked. "10 things i hate about you." He replied. I immediately got into my pjs and opened my door. "Knew it." He said while a big smile appeared on his face. "Well lets go!!" I said while lightly pushing him out of the doorway. We started watching the movie. Halfway through the movie everyone was on there phones doing something else. I was aswell. I grabbed the tv remote and paused the movie. "Okay were all clearly bored cuz we've already seen this 5 times, what do y'all wanna do?" I said. Maddy immediately sat up straight and grinned at me. "Truth or dare!!" She said exitedly. I looked around the room and everyone nodded. Me and Maddy stood up and sat down on the carpet and everyone joined in.

God. What if someone was gonna ask about like my crush and stuff? I can't answer those questions!!