Chapter 2- Present

*Susan's pov*

"Three blocks!" my sisters voice called from high up.

"Jules get down, we'll come back after school." I shouted up.

"Two blocks!" she shouted down.

"Does she have to do this everyday?" Bryce asks annoyed.

"I don't mind and don't you dare say anything about her!" I say to him as Juli hopped down from the tree.

"I think the tree looks particilarly beautiful in this light, don't you?" she asked looking at the tree mezmorized.

"Well if by 'beautiful' you mean unbelivably ugly, then yes, I would agree." he snarkly remarked as Juli and I rolled our eyes and walked off.

"You're just visually challenged. I feell sorry for you." I say, standing on the steps of the bus.

*Bryce's pov*

"You're just visually challenged. I feel sorry for you." she says, standing on the steps of the bus. As soon as we arrived I ran straight up to Sherry Stalls and asked her out. Susan hated Sherry but this is the only way for me to move on from her, I still liked her but she didn't like me. Not like that, we were still friend just not as close as we once was.

Sherry and I were walking throught the halls, she was rambling on about someone not being able to get thier ears peirced pr was it her pajama party? I can't reamember. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Suzie talking with her sister, I don't know waht come over me but I instantly grabbed Sherry's hand and held it. Suzie looked at me with her dazzaling ocean eyes, something about them seemed mad, maybe my plan was working?
Things were unfoldong quite nicley until my supposed bestfriend, Garrett, took an interest in Sherry himself. Not long after he told Sherry my plan, she broke things off, slapped me and left.

Word got back to Suzie and she looked over the moon, maybe she liked me? No Bryce you're getting ahead of yourself, I internally scolded myself.

It was the next morning and I was dreding Juli's blow-by-blow traffic report but once I got to the bus stop it was different. She wasn't yelling how far away the bus was and Susan was sitting in the tree with her sister. God she looked so pretty with the suttle wind blowing through her long chesnut hair and the sun reflecting off of her ocean eyes. My Suzie was sitting in the tree, well what could of been my Suzie.

"Bryce, you guys, come up here with us!" Juli shouted down. And thats when I saw the vans. Multiple vans lined up infront of the tree, men with chainsaws ready to cut down the tree. I knew this tree, this specific tree was very special to the Baker sisters as Susan told be that it was a very large part of their childhod and that they would be devestaed if somehting happened to it. I don't know why that mutant tangle of gnarly branches meant so much to them.

"They won't cut it down if we're all up here!" Suzie shouted down, I wanted to go up, I really did but a tree is not worth skipping school over. So I walked away and left her there.

Once I got home and walked into the living room, and my grandpa asked me, "How's it going with your friend Susan Baker?"

"Why do you wanna know?", I asked crusiosly and grandpa gave me a look, "Sh-she's just stubborn and can be pushy beyond belief,"

"Is that so?"

"She's been stalking me scince second grade, even after she turned me down."

"Well I girl like that doesn't live next door to everyone." he replied, I knew where he was going with this.

"Lucky them," I manged to get out, "Why are you asking me about her?"

"Well there was something I wanted to show you." he said pulling out a newspaper. In large bold text it read 'Local girls take a stand' and next to it was a picture of the Baker sisters sitting in that tree, that bloody sycamore tree. Suzie always said it was like a gift from God for their little corner of the universe. Her saying that was cute, she's cute. No, no Bryce these aren't real feelings, I think.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chapter 2 completed, I kinda feel like this chapter was a bit rushed.