Chapter 6- Auction

*Susan's pov*

Mayfeild Junior High had a tradtion were every year they would pick 20 boys and they would become basketboys. Theres an auction where the highest bidder gets to have lunch with the basketboy of their choosing.

"Look, theres your boyfriend." Dana pointed to the sheet. There he was Number 9: Bryce Loski.

"He is not my boyfriend." I said, "I'm over him."

The morning of the auction soon arrived, I left all my money at home so I wouldn't be tempted to bid. That dream of not bidding was soon crushed when my neighbour gave me my egg money. I didn't have enough time to run home and put it away, so I was forced to take it to school.

"Jules, I don't know what to do." I said standing by my locker with my sister, "What if I end up bidding on him?"

"Calm down." she said, "Just leave your money in your locker and forget about it." So I did, I placed the money down and locked at away. Jules, Dana and I all headed to the assembally hall, when suddenly I was pulled aside.

"So how much money do you have?" Sherry asked me.

"What?"

"I hope your not planning on bidding on Bryce. He's mine."

"I would never. I'm over him." I said ripping my arm away from her and walking over to my sister. We sat down and a teacher stepped front and began the auction. The first 7 people were a blur, every minute the worry that I would bid for Bryce Loski was getting greater.

"Number 8 is Eddie Trulock, Edddie enjoys model aeroplane building. Let's start the bidding at $5." she said. No one responded. "Anyone?"

I don't know what came over me, it was like I was possessed, "$8." I said raising my hand.

"Sold for $8 to Miss Susan Baker." she called. I was glad to have not bidded for Bryce. But I felt guilty as I only bidded for Eddie as I felt bad.

*Bryce's pov*

I zoned out waiting for the curtain to rise, but I was quickly snapped out of ym trance when I hear Garrett's voice.

"Dude!" he said.

"Why are you here?"

"Susan Baker. 3rd row."

"So?"

"So?! She got a wad of cash! Your lifelong crush could bid on you!"

"Bullshit."

"Bulltrue, I saw her couting it by her locker." Before I could say anything the curtain rose and I pushed Garrett away.

The first 7 people were a blur, every minute the worry that Susan Baker would bid on me was getting greater.

"Number 8 is Eddie Trulock, Edddie enjoys model aeroplane building. Let's start the bidding at $5." she said. No one responded. "Anyone?" I was contemplating the horrors of this scenario when I heard a voice call out.

"$8." I looked up and saw Suan Baker. Susan freaking Baker. She had bid on Eddie Trulock. Why would she bid on Eddie Trulock? Why would she bid on anyone? 

"Sold for $8 to Miss Susan Baker." the teacher called. "Basketboy number 9, Bryce Loski." I tried to walk but I couldn't. I was frozen. As soon as I was pried away from my spot Sherry already began bidding.

"$5." she called.

"$10." another girl called.

"I see the bidding is underway." the teacher says laughing.

"15"

"20"

"25"

"30"

"35"

"40"

"50" they competed.

"Oh my god! $50! 50 going once, 50 going twice. Sold to Miss Sherry Stalls for $50! An all time record!" she excalaimed happy. I could see Sherry looking pleased with herself. As we walked to the hall to eat, I was thinking on what would have happened if Susan won the bidding war and won for me. Before I could say anything, Sherry had dragged me to a table and sat me down.

Here I was having lunch with the hottest girl in school and I was miserable because less than 20 feet away from me is Susan, my Susan. She was laughing. How could she sit there and laugh and look so pretty?

*Susan's pov*

I was sitting with Eddie at our table.

"Thank you for bidding on me. It was touch and go there for a minute." he said.

"It's okay, I wanted to. This will be fun." I said smiling. I couldn't help but feel someone staring at me, when I looked at Eddie he was looking at his plate but when I looked behind him, Bryce Loski was staring at me. Bryce Loski was staring at me, my Bryce was staring at me. Suddenly he stood up and marched over to my table.

"Suzie, I gotta talk to you." he said grabbing my hand and pulling me up.

"What are you doing?" I asked. He grabbed my shoulders and tried to pull me into a kiss. I've been waiting for this kiss for years, but not like this. "Bryce." I mumbled as I pushed him away and ran off.

*Bryce's pov*

"What are you doing?" she asked. I grabbed her shoulders and pull her into a kiss."Bryce." she mumbled as she pushed me away and ran off. Everyone started to laugh and point, shouting things like "Couldn't even make it to second base" and "I'll kiss you Bryce." I sprinted out of the room and saw Garrett following closley behind.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" he shouted, "You get a date with the finest girl on campus and you blow it for Susan freaking Baker!"

"Nothing is wrong with me! It's not my fault that I'm freaking inlove with her!" I screamed at him. He looked at me dumbfounded.

"You w-what?" he spluttered.

"Yes, now leave me alone." I said running off.