Chapter 3- Ignore

*Bryce's pov*

Suzie and Juli weren't at the bus stop the next day or the next, but when ever they were in school , you didn't notice. They would just talk to eachother, I found myself staring at her and she caught me a few times. I swore I could see her blush, but who knows I could just be delusional.

*Susan's pov*

It was a day were me and Jules weren't in school, so we stayed home. My dad and I painted and Jules fed the chickens and read. In the afternoon, Jules asked me to give some of eggs to the Loskis, so I did. When I knocked, Bryce opened the door.

"Hey Suzie." he said with a large smile.

"Hey, I was wondering if you wanted some eggs. We have an overload back home." I say.

"Yeah, thank you." he says taking the box of eggs and closing the door. I felt happy but what he would do next would shatter all my feelings I had for Bryce Loski.

*Bryce's pov*

"So I think we could use those eggs the Bakers gave us for dinner tommorow." my mother suggested.

"No way I'm eating anything they give us! For all we know the eggs could have salmonella!" my father said back slightly raising his voice.

"That's true, I mean have you seen their yard. It's covered in crap!" I said, I instantly reggreted my words. I just insulted the girl I likes home, but I mean everyone does their house is the joke of the neighbourhood.

Over the next few days the siblings kept coming over with more eggs, and I kept throwing them away. No one my family wanted them so I just had to break the news. I crossed the street and saw the two girls playing the drive way, I told them. It broke my heart to see the pain in Suzie's eyes not beacuse I threw away her eggs but beacuse I insulted her home, something she doesn't have control over. She ran off and I know where too,
our seceret spot. It's a small wooden structure near the end of a feild. Then I saw her sitting under the tarp we put up.

"I thought I would find you here." I said.

"Go away Bryce." she warned.

"I'm sorry."

"No you're not. Why didn't you just tell us?"

"I didn't want to hurt your feelings."

"Well you did that either way." she said as she got up and left.

*Susan's pov*

It's been a day scince the Bryce incident and I was still annoyed. It's not my fault we have a crap yard! My father was talking about upcoming projects when Jules chimed in,
"Speaking of projects, I was thinking it would be cool to fix up the yard."

"What?" my father asked.

"I mean, how much can grass seeds cost?" she said pushing her idea.

"We could plant a lawn, maybe grow some flowers." I said nodding letting Jules know that I want to help, "We could even put up a fence."

"Honey, that's a major undertaking." my dad said finishing his food.

"I could pay for it with my egg money." she suggested.

"No. That's your money." he said slightly raising his voice, "The landlord should be the one taking care of this."

"But he doesn't. And we live here." I said getting an annoyed look from my dad.

"And it looks so bad." Jules said as her voice starts to break.

"Jules. What's going on?" he asked.

"Nothing, dad." she said on the verge of tears.

"It's okay sweathart, you can tell us." my mother said grabing our hands.

"The Loskis have been throwing away my eggs." Jules replied, "Beacuse they're afraid of salmonella, because our yard is such a mess."

"Did Patsy say that?" my mother asked stroking our hands.

"No, Bryce did." I say looking at my mom. I can't remeber the rest of that night only my parents shouting, tears, lots of tears.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------