Chapter 1 - The Sorcerer's Stone

Artemis taps her fingers on the edge of the counter, humming softly to herself as she waits for the wizard to return. The bell above the door jingles as a boy around her age enters.

"He said he'd be back in a moment." She tells him. He nods and sets his things on the table by the door before joining her at the counter. "I'm Artemis Weasley." She adds, offering her hand.

"Harry Potter." He replies, shaking her hand. She smiles and he awkwardly smiles back. They both gasp as the sliding ladder in the back hits the end of the track, Ollivander standing on it holding a thin box.

"I wondered when I'd be seeing you, Mr. Potter." The wizard says. He climbs down the ladder, pausing at the shelf near the counter to grab another wand selection. "It seems only yesterday that your mother and father were in here buying their first wands." 

Ollivander selects a wand and moves to the counter, unboxing each wand and handing them to the one he chose them for.

"Here we are." He tells them. They both inspect the wands in their hands for a moment. "Well, give them a wave." 

Harry waves his wand first and the drawers along the wall fly from their places. He quickly sets it back on the counter and Ollivander turns to Artemis. She waves hers and the room glows softly. The man smiles, happy to have found her wand on the first try.

"A perfect match." He says, taking the want to inspect it one more time. "Spruce wood, 13 inches and unyielding flexibility with a phoenix core." He informs her, handing the wand back. She smiles, looking down at her new wand. The wood is dark, a ball carved into the end of the wand resting comfortably against the edge of her hand. 

"I'll wait with you, Harry. Ollivander will find yours, I'm sure of it." She tells the boy next to her. He nods, grateful for her company.

"Perhaps, this." Ollivander announces, holding out another wand for Harry to try. He waves this wand and the vase on the table shatters. "No, no. Definitely not. No matter." He moves back into the hallway and selects another, staring down at the box for a moment. "I wonder." 

He returns and hands the want to Harry. He waves the new wand and the room glows once again, a soft breeze ruffling Harry's hair.

"Curious. Very curious." He says.

"S-sorry, but what's curious?" Harry asks. Artemis nods, also wondering what he means. Ollivander takes the wand back as he begins talking.

"I remember every wand I've ever sold, Mr. Potter. It so happens that the Phoenix whose tail feather resides in your wand gave another feather. Just one other. It is curious that you should be destined for this wand when its brother gave you that scar." He explains. Artemis gasps, clutching her wand tighter.

"A-and who owned that wand?" He asks. Artemis frowns, confused at the fact he seems to know nothing about his past or what made him famous.

"Oh, we do not speak his name. The wand chooses the wizard, Mr. Potter. It's not always clear why, but...I think it is clear that we can expect great things from you. After all, He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named did great things. Terrible...yes but great." Ollivander says, handing Harry his wand back. He retreats to the back of the shop after they both pay, leaving the two alone.

"Can you tell me about him?" Harry asks Artemis once he's gone.

"I'm sorry, Harry, but I don't think it's my place. If you still have questions, find me on the Hogwarts Express." She tells him. He nods, disappointed.

"All right. Thanks anyway." He replies.

They turn their attention to the window as someone knocks on the glass. Hagrid stands there with a snowy owl resting in its cage.