Chapter 17 - Chamber of Secrets

"You two are a mess." Hagrid tells them as he tries brushing the soot off them. "Skulking around Knockturn Alley? Dodgy place, don't want no one to see you there. People will think you two are up to no good."

"I was lost, Artemis only followed to make sure I was all right." Harry explains.

"Hang on. What were you doing down there?" Artemis asks.

"Me? Oh, I was looking for Flesh-Eating Slug Repellent. They're ruining all the school cabbages." He answers. "Where are your parents?" He asks her.

"Harry! Artemis! Hagrid!" Hermione exclaims as she spots them, rushing towards them.

"Hello, Hermione." He greets.

"It's so good to see you." She tells them.

"Oh, it's great to see you too." Harry replies.

"Are you two coming to Gringotts?" She asks.

"We've got to find my family first. We got separated." Artemis says.

"You won't have to look very hard." Hagrid tells them. They turn and spot Arthur and the boys rushing towards them.

"Harry, Artemis!" Arthur exclaims when he reaches them. "We hoped you'd only gone one grate too far. Molly's frantic. She's coming now."

"Where did you come out?" Ron asks them.

"Knockturn Alley." Hagrid answers for them.

"Brilliant!" Fred and George say together.

"We've never been allowed in." Ron adds to Harry, jealous they'd seen it. Artemis rolls her eyes at her brother's excitement, knowing he wouldn't be if he'd been there.

"Oh, Harry, Artemis!" Molly cries as she reaches them, Ginny struggling to keep up with her in her rush. "You two could've been anywhere." She starts brushing the soot off them as Arthur grabs Harry's glasses and repairs them.

"Well, gotta be off." Hagrid tells them. "See you at Hogwarts!" They all wave to him as he walks away.

"Artemis Weasley, if you ever disappear like that again, you'll be in trouble for the rest of the schoolyear." Molly scolds as soon as Hagrid's gone.

"Mum, I couldn't let him go alone! He's new to the magical world." She argues. Molly sighs and pulls her into a hug.

"All right, but you're still in trouble." She says, leading the way towards Gringotts. Artemis rolls her eyes as soon as she turns her back, making Harry and Ron chuckle. When they enter, Arthur spots Hermione's parents and rushes towards them.

"You're Muggles!" He exclaims. "We must have a drink! What's that you've got there? Oh, you're changing Muggle money. Molly, look!" He points excitedly to the money in Mr. Granger's hand.

"We'll meet you back here." Ron tells Hermione as Molly leads them towards the carts.

They head to the Weasley's vault first, where Molly puts the entire contents into her bag. Next, they go to Harry's vault. He shoves handfuls into his own bag, trying to hide the contents of his vault from view, feeling terrible. The group finally goes to Artemis' vault last. It has quite a bit of gold, but not as much as Harry's. Molly grabs only the amount she'll need to buy Artemis' supplies and enough for her to have some spending money while at Hogwarts before they head back to join the others.

When they leave Gringotts, they split up. Percy tells them something about needing a new quill, and Artemis winks at him, silently letting him know she'll cover for him and try to keep the others away from him. Fred and George spot Lee Jordan and leave with him. Molly takes Ginny to buy robes as Arthur takes Hermione's parents to the Leaky Cauldron for a drink. Before everyone leaves, Molly sets a time and place to meet.