Dawn

I woke up around dawn not being able to move, it scared me at first but I realized it was just Cyrus holding onto me.

I tried to roll over and it took a minute but I eventually did and our faces were right next to each other which scared me enough to fall off my bed. The bang my body made when it hit the floor was loud enough to wake Cyrus up.

"God fucking damn it, that hurt" I groaned.

"Sage..? what happened?" they murmured so quietly I could barely hear her with the ringing in my ears.

"I just fell, that's all" I whispered back to her trying to get up but ultimately failing. Their face looked down at me over the edge of my bed and she chuckled a bit and grinned.

"Can you help me up?" I questioned quietly.

She sat up and lent me her hand and helped me up then pulled me back to her as she laid down.

"Why do you want me so close to you?" I asked puzzled.

"Not really sure, just feel comfortable and safer the closer I am to you. I'm sorry if that's weird." she answered.

I laid on my back as she snuggled into me, I could feel heat going to my face and I could feel the butterflies in my stomach. "No it's okay" I stated, audible.

"I kinda like you this close to me." I mumbled, making sure they couldn't hear me.

"Hmm?" she said puzzled.

"Nothing, want me to make you breakfast?" I replied quickly.

"Sure, just let me help you." they smiled.

"What are we gonna make?" I questioned, both of us getting up.

"Pancakes?! and uhm toast?" she replied quicker then I expected.

"Can I make you raspberry pancakes? I made them all the time for my grandma." I uttered still waking up.

Cyrus nodded to me as an answer. I got up out of my bed and grabbed clothes to change into.

"Can I borrow clothes again?" Cyrus asked quiet.

"Yeah, i'm gonna go to the bathroom to change and you can borrow whatever" I responded.

I left my room and changed in the bathroom, not taking my braids out from the night before even though there were tons of flyaways.

I headed down to the kitchen, I turned on some music and started to take out the ingredients.
I had almost finished breakfast when Cyrus was downstairs, sitting at the table watching me finish up.

I turned down the music, "Ready to eat?" I motioned for them to stand up and get what they wanted.

She stood up apprehensively, slowly walked over to me, grabbed a plate and took some food then walked back to the table and sat down.

"Is everything okay Cyrus?" I questioned.

"Yeah. Just weird having someone take care of me, I think that's all." she said back.

"I'm sorry if it's too much." I replied sitting on the light stained wood countertop, "I just wanna keep you as a friend, I guess maybe that's why-"

"No no, it's not to much, I really really appreciate it all" she smiled between bites of the raspberry pancakes, "Okay, these are even better then the pasta from last night"

"Thank you" I muttered back, eating to try and hide the fact I was flustered.