IV

I hear it muffled and I can't understand it but I can hear It. I want to move, I want to get up and I want to hide for cover. I’m scared I don’t know what happened. I don’t know what to think. Or even what to feel. I can’t feel anything. I can’t feel my hands, my feet, or even my toes.  It's all so… confusing. What happened? I keep trying to replay the night over and over. But all I remember is drinking, not even a lot either. I remember having one and only one lemon drop. 

I heard the footsteps of someone coming and sitting on the bed. They came close and whispered something in my ear. “You got this love bug” Elijah. It's Elijah. All I wanted to do was open my eyes and hug him. Hold his hand. I want to feel the warm embrace of his arms. I want to be with him. I want to be home. I really do. I want to be with my friends in my pool with my dogs. I want to smile. I want to feel the warm summer breeze. I want to grow old, I want to see my future kids, I want a life. 

Whoever did this to me I hate. They put me in this place. I'm depressed . I'm scared I don’t know what to do. I started to make out what people around me were saying. “Your mom and dad are on their way now Mara hang on there please for me” Elijah said.