The Simpson's Residence

Home time. Milhouse turned to Lisa awkwardly, remembering that he had to deal with this for the entire night too. Somehow, she'd been intelligent enough to get straight A's all day, without breaking eye contact with him once. He could almost feel a hole in his face drilled in from the reflection of her retinas.

"Hey, uhm. " Lisa hesitated "are we, like, okay? "

Milhouse rolled his eyes, why would she ask this NOW. When he's already on the way to her home.

"Yeah."

"Are you sure, because you've just been acting... Well, weird, and I just want to make sure that -"

"We're fine. "

Milhouse refused to talk for the rest of the journey, and Lisa was too afraid to. Bart had stayed back to hang out with some older boys in an abandoned building or something. M-Dog didn't ask questions about things like that, it's not like he cared about Bart, or anything, anyway. And Milhouse, was too scared to hear the answers, more than anything.

Lisa shook the door handle, someone had locked it. She knocked and yelled restlessly until they could make out Marge from the letterbox.

"Hiya sweetie, sorry about that, Homer swears a squirrel picked the lock my wine safe earlier, and locked all the doors to prove it, but it's yet to come back." Milhouse and Lisa glanced at each other in blank confusion. "Quickly, get in, before he picks you too." Marge trembled, scouting the perimeters rushedly, before slamming the door behind them.

"So," she sighed "can I get you anything? Juice? Potato? Whiskey on the rocks? " she giggled.

"He doesn't want one of your potatoes, mom" Lisa growled, frustratedly.

"Actually, I've had a hankering for a potato. " Milhouse grinned.

"OKAY!" Marge skipped into the kitchen gleefully, shortly coming back with a raw potato in hand. "It's shaped like a heart, for my two lovebirds to share " she winked.

"Actually-" Milhouse frowned

"We're not putting a label on it , right now. " Lisa panicked.

There was a brief silence and exchange of glances.

"Alright, well, you two go have fun, I suppose. " Marge shooed.

"Not too much fun. " Homer screamed from his hammock.

The two sat in an awkward silence for what felt like hours before hearing a knock at Lisa's bedroom window.

"Bart? " Lisa stood up.