Chapter 2: Coming Out of The Dark

We were now in the forest, looking at the entrance to the school

We were now in the forest, looking at the entrance to the school. I can't wait to make friends and find love. We're finally going to a place where we belong. I honestly think we're gonna enjoy it there. Even so, we shouldn't make enemies at all while we're there.

"It's here?" I said, asking him.

"Yes, it's right here somewhere." said Dad, answering me.

"Monster High is a bunch of trees? Fun." said Clawdeen.

"No, there's a—a thing. It glows. Your mother showed me."

"Where, Dad?" I said, curiously.

The leaves rustled and the portal was revealed.

"Right here," said Dad.

"Whoa, you found it." said Clawdeen.

"No... it found you. This is as far as I can go being full-blown Homo sapien and all." He leads us over to it and turns around to face us. "Oh, you both need your stuff. Don't forget to wear your re-rangers every night. Did you both remember your claw clippers?"

"Yes." We said, in unison.

"School supplies?"

"Uh-huh."

"Your phone chargers?"

"Mm-hmm."

"And all your clothes?"

"Our clothes, we forgot all our clothes."

"Really?"

"No, Dad. We've got everything. You don't need to worry." I said, reassuring him.

"You say that like there's a button I can push to turn it off. Oh, girls. I'm gonna miss you both a lot, like, an unhealthy amount."

🎵🎵

"All right, we're doing this," said Clawdeen, confidently.

🎵🎵

"Remember, the school is serious about keeping humans out. You both gotta keep that part of your secret hidden. And if anything goes wrong, you both can always come home. I'll be awake, like, until you both graduate."

🎵🎵

"We know, Dad." I said, hugging him.

🎵🎵