Chapter 8: Deceptive Hyde

"Wait, you're Hyde's son?" said me and Clawdeen, in unison

"That's what I just said. Try to keep up, you two. You both listen so well in class." said Mr. Komos, putting the empty bottle on the table. "I have been looking for this place since I arrived this year. I found the lab journals, of course. Cracking that code—" He laughs.

"I've got to admit, I was stumped. Whew! That was pretty genius there, Frankie." He groaned against the table.

His eyes turned red-orange.

"And opening that door was clever. Dad didn't pass down his alter ego. So without a true human hand, I was never gonna open it. Clawdeen, Rebecca, you two get an A+." He chuckled.

"So you just wanted to turn into a monster, too?" said Draculaura, asking him. Clawdeen, Frankie, and I looked at her.

"So you could stay at Monster High?" said Frankie.

Mr. Komos laughed. "Oh, I don't wanna stay at Monster High." He grunted at us while his eyes glowed.

"I'm going to destroy Monster High."

We screamed and backed away from him. His clothes ripped.

Mr. Komos has turned into a vehement monster.

He laughs. "Ohh. See, this potion doesn't just turn you into a monster. It turns you into the ultimate monster. My dad was a smart man. His formula was gonna be his revenge against all those monsters that ruined his life. Though, of course, he was expelled before he could take it, so I'm here to finish the job."

He used his new powers of transference on Draculaura, watching in wonder as it started sucking up her power.

"Ahh!" Draculaura screamed while Mr. Komos absorbed her powers.

"Draculaura!" Clawdeen and I yelled in unison.

Draculaura faints and we both catch her.

Mr. Komos laughed and turned into a bat. He flew around and screeched. He then turned back to his original form and he laughed.

"Neat!" Mr. Komos cheered evilly.

"What have you done to her?" said Clawdeen, asking him while holding Draculaura.

What has he done to her? I knew I shouldn't had trusted him.

"I've stolen her powers. Her very monster essence. It's perfect. And tonight is the perfect night. They're all here— Bloodgood and all the school's most prestigious officers. Once I've brought down Monster High, I'll move on to those that actually killed my father. Humans. Oh, man, I feel good! Look at this rockin' bod!" said Mr. Komos.

Frankie grabs a white powder and pours it into a beaker near Mr. Komos, which creates a smoke explosion bomb as a distraction.

"Quick, run!" Frankie yelled to us as we ran to the main part of the building.