Chapter 6: Leaving Monster High

I felt bad for Draculaura after the failure of the spell not working at all

I felt bad for Draculaura after the failure of the spell not working at all. The palm print had to be unlocked in a specific way. After we left the secret place, we went to the foyer/main hallway of Monster High until the lights turned on.

"Well, well, what do we have here?" said Headmistress Bloodgood, walking over to us with Mr. Komos and Cleo.

"Oh, sparks," said Frankie.

"What's the punishment for students out after curfew, Mr. Komos?"

"Per ghoul code, one month detention," said Mr. Komos, answering her.

"That's right. But we have a much more serious problem, don't we, students? The fundamental values of Monster High have been betrayed. Our unnatural order has been offended." Headmistress Bloodgood lectures us as we listen to her.

"Headmistress, we can explain-" I said, talking to her.

"Witchcraft." She glares at Draculaura.

"Wait, what?" said Clawdeen, in shock and guilt.

"It has been reported that you, Draculaura, have been practicing witchcraft."

"In my mortal life, I studied with Heka, God of magic and medicine. I know an incantation when one's thrown at me." said Cleo, explaining it to them with a glare.

"Thank you, Cleo." Headmistress Bloodgood thanks her as she turns to Draculaura. "Open your bag, please."

Draculaura sighs as she opens her bag to let Mr. Komos inspect it. He looked at her spellbook, took it out of her purse, and showed it to Headmistress Bloodgood.

"Witchcraft will not be tolerated at Monster High."

"I'm so sorry. I'll never do it again." said Draculaura, apologizing to her.

"What will your father think?" Headmistress Bloodgood asked her.

"Please, you can't tell him."

"You've left me no choice. And you three, encouraging her. You should be ashamed for not living up to the standards expected of you." We looked down in shame as we got lectured by Headmistress Bloodgood.

The halls and the school started growling and shrieking, which prompted us to look around in confusion and worry.

"What is that?" said Draculaura, curiously.

"It's like the school is screaming!" said Mr. Komos, so loudly while looking around the halls.

The school continued to shout and unknowingly to us, a gargoyle had moved and came alive, which caused us to look at the gargoyle.

"Oh!"

"Look out!" I said before using my super speed.

Cleo looked up and screamed just as I grabbed her and saved her when the gargoyle fell apart.

"Is everyone all right? Is anyone hurt?" said Headmistress Bloodgood, asking us in concern.

"I'm all right." said Cleo, standing up from the floor. I was panting, trying to catch my breath.

Cleo looked at me.

"You saved me." Cleo said in shock.

"You're welcome." I said, walking back over to the others.

"Go to your rooms now. Use the south stairs." Headmistress Bloodgood told us when we started walking back to our dorm rooms.

"I didn't wanna believe that this could happen again, but these signs, it's the school crying out, and it can only mean one thing. There's untrue monster hearts among us." She told Mr. Konos when we stopped walking and turned around in shock.

"A human?" said Mr. Komos, asking her.

"Yes." Headmistress Bloodgood nodded before she continued the rest of her sentence. "And if we don't find out who it is and get rid of the threat, the school could tear itself apart." She said before we turned around and continued to walk to our rooms.

"The Founders' Day dinner is tomorrow. Do we postpone?"

"It's such an important event. The donors that keep this school open."

"Keep the dinner, Headmistress. I'll help find the human." Mr. Komos said to her. She nodded her head before he walked away from her.

************************************************
We arrived at our dorm room. Clawdeen and I were feeling guilty about getting Draculaura in trouble with Headmistress Bloodgood. We shouldn't have let her get involved with our plan to find Hyde's lab.

"Bloodgood really is terrifying," said Clawdeen.

"Draculaura, we're sorry. It's us. We're the ones destroying the school. We're putting everyone in danger. We're sorry for all of it." I said, apologizing to her while she was in her coffin.

"She'll be okay," said Frankie, talking to us.

At nighttime, Draculaura and Frankie were asleep while me and Clawdeen were packing up our stuff to go back to the human world. Was it a bad decision for us to come to Monster High? Do we belong here?

Clawdeen and Rebecca

Here we are

We're coming out of the dark

Was it all a mistake

To show our beating hearts

We zipped and closed our bags before we looked at Frankie and Draculaura as they slept peacefully.

"Goodbye." We said, carrying our bags to the door.

Clawdeen and Rebecca

Is there no place

We're meant to be?

We walked out of the school as we walked over to the portal that brought us here. It opened for us while we carried our bags through it.

Clawdeen and Rebecca

Here we are, we're crawling
back into the dark

Back into the dark

Tears fell off both of our faces before we entered the portal together, going back to the human world as the portal closed behind us. I didn't even want to leave Monster High and Deuce. I had developed feelings for him and now, he won't know how I feel about him. Clawdeen and I also didn't mean to get on Headmistress Bloodgood's bad side at all. I hope she forgives us and I had the perfect speech for the Founders' Day dinner.