Being found

Ava's Pov
*Sighs* Another failed attempt to find a job, or a home either. Why does everyone keep rejecting me? I know I'm different being autistic but surely that's illegal for employers to refuse you a job for that? I grew up in a care home for disabled children. But when you're in the care system, as soon as you turn 18 they pretty much just kick you out to fend for yourself. That happened to me but differently. They sent me to supported living, I got abused there, I tried negotiating and talking to those higher up who were responsible for my care, but they didn't listen to me. After a year I ran away I've been homeless since. I'm 23 now and not getting anywhere with integrating myself into society. What I am good at though is living in the woods. I hate cities. To loud and crowded. Obviously I only go into towns when needed, but in my free time I explore different places befriend the woodland animals and just be myself exploring the sensory elements in nature.

It's been a long day, I best go and find some food to eat and rest. I have gotten pretty good at foraging now. I can't bare to hunt even for survival so I guess you could say I'm a veggie, but I do eat meat if I'm lucky to get free food from churches as sometimes they do events like that.

I walk further into the forest. I spot some blackberry bushes on the way but they're not ripe yet. So I keep going. I wonder into a flowery plain, there's plenty for me to eat here to make a salad. I take only what I need and carry it in my hand hoping to find more things to add to it. Oooo! Wild strawberries! And some are ripe! Wow I'm blessed to find this! Yum!

3 hours later it's evening, starting to get dark. I had eaten what I call dinner and I'm now looking for a good tree to sleep in. Oaks are my favourite as they usually have a large platform in the middle, or a big enough hole for me to fit in. I find them cosy trees, makes me feel safe.

Hmmm I see a try up far ahead that looks good, it's not an oak but is it a walnut or hickory? Either way should be safe and cosy enough to sleep in tonight. It looks like a tricky path to get to it though. Gotta go round this big uh hole? ditch? Not sure what you call it but it's circular and deep. I walk along the tree line using the trees as support at points as the ground here is soft.
I've nearly made it round now - Woah! Ouch! Ah! Umph!

Unknown pov
What Ava didn't notice is that she had stepped into a rabbit hole which made her lose her balance and tumbled into the larger hole she was trying to avoid.
She didn't hurt herself but it made her rather dizzy. She struggled to climb out as the ground was so loose it would make her end up sliding all the way back down when she got close. She kept trying repeatedly until exhaustion, then she would rest and try again. This pattern repeated itself till something past midnight. Ava was shattered and decided to call it a night. She laid down on the ground and hoped she would be safe for the night. She fell asleep after an hour.

During the night, a wolf pack was running through the woods. One of the wolves caught the scent of a human and separated from the pack to investigate. The wolf traced the scent and soon stood atop the great hole and looked down at the sleeping Ava.

The wolf quietly walked slowly down, using it's claws and tail to keep it's balance. Once down the wolf approached Ava and gently sniffed her, checking she was alive. After concluding that she was indeed alive and breathing. The wolf clambered back up and ran to tell it's pack to tell them what was found.

The next morning, Ava's pov
*yawns* *groans* oh praise god! an uneventful night! Well in terms of me being alive that is. *sighs* *stretches*  Right, maybe that it's light I'll hopefully have a better chance at getting out of here now. I'm so thirsty.
-2 hours later-
Umph! Not again! This stupid soil won't give me any grip! I can't just stay here though, there must be a way. I tree root, something for me to hold onto!

Huh? What, do I hear footsteps? - HEY!! HI!! HELLO!!

A man peers down from the top. "Hello! You look like you could with some help!" I smile in response "Yes please!" I say.
"I'll be right back, my name's Dean by the way. What's your name Lassie?"
"Ava" I reply. Dean disappears but quickly comes back with a long thick stick. I manage to run up and grab the end of the stick. Dean then pulls me up the rest of the way.
Ava - Phew! Thanks so much, I've been stuck down there all night!
Dean - Oh no, that's not good at all. My friends and I are staying on holiday at a lodge. Come, we'll give you food and a blanket. Is there anyone I can call for you?"
I shake my head. "No, I'm homeless." I say.
Dean's face get's really sad. He stretches out his arms and says - "I'm sorry for asking, do you like hugs?" I smile and say yes and we hug. He then holds my hand and we walk towards wherever his holiday lodge is.
(This is what Dean looks like ⬇️)