Shadows of Doubt

"Miss Jennie, I understand how difficult this must be for you, but in order to uncover the truth behind your parents' untimely demise, we need you to answer a few questions," Officer Jocelyn pressed, her tone firm yet empathetic.

Jennie took a deep breath, steeling herself for what lay ahead, and nodded her head resolutely. "I'm ready," she replied, her voice filled with determination.

Officer Jocelyn turned to Mr. Ethan, her expression sympathetic but unwavering. "I'm sorry, Mr. Ethan, but this interrogation requires utmost confidentiality. You'll have to wait outside," she informed him, her words laced with the weight of the situation.

Ethan's annoyance was evident as he spoke, his voice tinged with protectiveness. "She's my girlfriend. I can't just leave her alone with strangers," he protested, his gaze fixed on Jennie.

Officer Jocelyn maintained her composure, her voice steady as she responded, "We have a job to do, Mr. Ethan. Whether you choose to cooperate or not, our investigation will proceed. It's in your best interest to let us work unhindered."

Jennie interjected, her voice filled with reassurance, "Ethan, I'll be fine. Please trust me."

Reluctantly, Ethan nodded, his worry etched on his face. "Okay," he relented, his love for Jennie overshadowing his apprehensions. "But remember, I'll be right outside if you need anything."

With that, Jennie followed Officer Jocelyn, her steps echoing down the dimly lit corridor, as they ventured deeper into the heart of the investigation, determined to uncover the truth, no matter the cost.

...........................................................................

"So, Jennie, do you suspect anyone who might harbor enough hatred towards your parents to..." Officer Jocelyn's voice trailed off, leaving the question hanging in the air.

Jennie hesitated for a moment, gathering her thoughts before responding. "Until yesterday, I couldn't fathom it, but now I believe there are two individuals who might have had a motive to harm them," she admitted, her voice tinged with uncertainty.

Curiosity evident in her tone, Officer Jocelyn probed further. "And who are these two people?" she inquired, her gaze fixed on Jennie.

"Kim... Kim Jisoo," Jennie uttered, her voice filled with a mix of trepidation and suspicion.

"Kim Jisoo, the renowned visual artist?" Jocelyn asked, seeking confirmation, to which Jennie simply nodded.

Officer Jocelyn pressed on. "How does she know you and your parents?" she questioned, her tone steady yet inquisitive.

"She's a good friend of Ethan," Jennie replied, her voice tinged with a hint of apprehension.

Jocelyn's interest piqued, she inquired further. "And why do you believe she could be responsible for this?" she probed, her eyes narrowing slightly.