Chapter 8 - Troublesome.

"Okay, that's enough for today." Cheers from the dance troupe members erupted throughout the school gym as Hyoyeon announced the end of today's dance practice.

"That was tiring!" Kai complained as soon as they departed the building and made their way to the locker area.

"Tell me about it, Hyoyeon's been running the whole thing like it's the military," Hoshi replied. "On top of that, it made me hungry," he continued.

"Well, I've heard there's a newly opened ice cream shop nearby. Let's go there!" Kai offered, turning to face the girls.

"I'm down. How about you guys?" Lisa responded, referring to Momo and Seulgi.

"I'm actually craving some ice cream, so yeah, I'm going," Seulgi replied, and they all turned to face Momo, who remained silent.

Momo looked at her friends, then started apologizing. "I'm sorry guys, I have things to do, but we can go out the next day." She said.

But instead of being displeased, her friend's expression changed to a michievous one.

"It's okay, Momo, you probably want to see your girlfriend, don't you?" Lisa responded while the three nodded.

Momo's face flushed crimson red as she replied to her friend's teasing, "I told you guys, she's just a friend!"

"Right. Right. We'll see you tomorrow!" Seulgi responded before they send her off.

-

After changing in the girl's locker room, Momo proceeded straight to the second floor and towards y/n's classroom. She was looking for her discretely outside the door.

Good thing, someone noticed and greeted her.

"Momo? if you're looking for y/n, I believe she already gone home," Joy said.

It's no surprise that Momo recognized her because the three of them had been classmates since kindergarten before being separated throughout middle school.

"Oh, she must have missed my text." Momo replied.

"You could try calling her," Joy advised. "I've got to run out to a meeting. sorry," she added before passing past straight her.

"Okay, thank you!" Momo responded as they parted ways.

As Momo walks down the hall, she pulls her phone from her pocket to call y/n, but she abruptly runs into someone.

It was none other than Mina.

Before passing each other, the two exchanged an awkward glance and a bow, but Momo instantly looked back and stopped her. "Hey, hang on, have you seen Y/N?"

"I can't seem to get a hold of her," she continued, concerned.

Mina was worried when she heard this, but she didn't show it.

"No, I haven't," she replied.

"Okay, sorry to bother you." As soon as Momo said this, Mina caught a glimpse of Y/N, Aisha, and Mia walking away from afar.

Momo was perplexed by her intense gaze because she couldn't see anything when she turned to look behind her.

'Huh?' the girl thought.

"Hm, I think I know where she is. Follow me," Mina said, as Momo could do nothing but follow.

-

At the back of the school gymnasium

"So, uh, you wanted to talk?" Y/N asked as soon as they got at the location. Mina and Momo, on the other hand, are hidden nearby where they can listen in and observe the scene.