Chapter 9 - Oblivious

Y/N chose to wear her pajamas tucked in, a matching lame printed dog top, and a parted hairstyle that showed off her forehead today. That's right. To save Momo, who is unfortunately in love with her because of Nayeon, as well as for her own reasons, Y/N must crush those feelings by turning the said Japanese off.

"Yeah, not on my watch, Y/N!" Nayeon remarked, flicking her right ear.

Y/N groaned as she looked at the older. "Nay, when did you?" her words were cut off as Nayeon spoke. Her eyes twinkled like a baby who had been handed sweets.

"Oh, we're on a nickname basis now!" cried Nayeon, to which Y/N responded with an eyeroll before continuing to speak. She scowled, "When did you decide to show yourself to others?! What happened to staying lowkey, huh?!"

Nayeon sighed as she explained why she exposed herself to others. "I'm here to assist you, Y/N. You're sabotaging your chances of getting close to Momo, your second hand-picked hot potential girlfriend."

"That's why I thought I'd step up and assist you in person!" Nayeon stated as she was about to leap at Y/N and force her to change her clothes

"That's why I thought I'd step up and assist you in person!" Nayeon stated as she was about to leap at Y/N and force her to change her clothes. "And with my help, your two-hottie dinner party would be a smashing success, so go change into a cuter outfit!" she added as she approached her.

Shivers ran down Y/N's spine as she realized what Nayeon was up to. "Shut up! I look just fine like this!" she yelled, obstructing Nayeon's attempt to undress her.

"No way. you look lame like that. they'll be completely turned off," Nayeon countered.

"Let's try a little harder! huh?" Nayeon said as she finally caught the hem of Y/N's shirt, only to have it recovered by Y/N seconds later.

"It's perfectly fine if they're turned off!"

As Y/N fought her way out from Nayeon's clutches, she failed to see that this event had also been orchestrated by Nayeon and was part of her plan. Y/N tumbled, Nayeon hurriedly opened the door to her room, prompting her to accidentally straddle Mina, who happened to walk by.

Again?!

"Do you have a habit of straddling people?" Mina said, staring her down, causing her to come to her senses and quickly stand up.

"s-sorry," Y/N apologized, averting her gaze as she always did.

"You're so dead," she mouthed to Nayeon, who was peering through the doorway.

"I feel like strange things happen when I'm with you," Mina remarked as she stood up, while Y/N nervously chuckled before apologizing yet again.

Things were getting awkward again, but suddenly her intercom went on, giving her a reason to escape the situation and see who was outside. She quickly opened the door because it was Momo. "Thank you for inviting me; here, my mom made karaage," the Japanese stated as soon as she entered her home.