The kitchen

y/n pov
as i grab a plate of food i walk down the dining hall feeling all eyes on me.i can hear whispers at every table i walk pass by.i sit next to newt and chuck.

"Hi guys!"i get ready to dig in
"hi y/n,how was your first day of work"newt ask me putting his spoon down.

"well it was good i did get bored from time to time,but other then that it was fine"i say before stuffing my face with food

no one talked back

i look to chuck and newt and they're staring at me amazed.

"what?can i not eat?"i put my spoon down taking a sip of water.

"yea its just your eating like you haven't ate anything" newt says as he resumes his eating.

"well i haven't,this is my first meal since i've been here"i continue eating.

"you're crazy i wouldn't last!"chuck exclaims.

i chuckle at his remark.Just then a boy walks over he was a asian teenage boy who looks to be a little older than me and has strong arms and short, black hair.

"hey greenie good to see your alive"he says sitting down with his plate of food.

"thanks..how come i didn't see you today? i asked

"im minho, a runner i know the maze better then anyone i go in once it opens and come back before the doors close" he says then continues to shove his face with food.

after dinner was done i get ready to head to my hammock.i talked to alby about my sleeping situation,he said something would be done but for now i had to sleep where all the other boys sleep.

"hey y/n come sleep with me!"

"no come lay with me"

i roll my eyes and ignore the boys remarks

i struggle to get into my hammock just then i see chuck coming to lay in the neighboring hammock from me.

"Hey chuck do you think you can hold my hammock so i can get in"i say rubbing my neck.

"sure y/n!"as he starts to walk over i hear a voice behind me.

"No chuck just go to sleep ill help her"that voice it was gallys.

i turn around.

"um im pretty sure i asked chuck to help not...you."i say pointing at him as if im disgusted.

gallys pov
"what does she mean by that! Im way stronger then chuck!"

"yea but he needs his sleep"i say holding the hammock.

"are you sure this isn't a excuse to talk to me"she says obviously taunting me.

i feel a slight blush reach my face.

y/n pov

"no way he's blushing!"

"no im just being helpful i feel sorry that i made you bleed.."he says

another voice chimes in

"gally?sorry? wow thats rare to hear"minho says kinda chuckling.

"slim it"gally responds still holding the hammock