2

It had been several weeks since Jin had last seen Shay. His schedule was becoming more and more packed. Between the photo shoots, television appearances, and dance practices, Jin would leave at all hours of the day and return home in the wee hours of the morning. Today would be like one of those days, only this time; he would not return for several weeks.

With his bag packs, Jin stepped out of his doorway with his large tote bag, carry-on, and rolling suitcase. He was locking up his door when he noticed two women crossing the doorway to Shay's apartment. One of the women was an unknown. She was dressed in a beige suit, dark brown loafers, and a bold brown and white striped shirt under her blazer. Her short black hair flipped as she moved her head around, and she had to readjust the thick-framed black glass hanging off her nose constantly.

Shay looked different than he had seen her before. She wore the same messy bun as before but stood there in her loose-fitting gray sweatpants and a baggy, oversized sage green sweatshirt. Her head was down, and her hands were laced together as she dropped them to her center. She kept her hands together as a way to self-soothe herself from the woman talking to her.

"Ms. Kook, I would suggest you get your act together. We cannot come here and expect these kind of conditions. You will have to do better. I don't want to dock you for this, but if you keep this up, and I just might," the woman was outright scolding Shay right at her own home.

"Shay?" Jin called out to her with concern in his voice.

Shay shot her head up and looked direct at Jin. She gave him a flat smile before returning her attention to the woman. Jin seeing her like this was all she needed to make her day so even better (enter sarcasm here). Shay did not want any of her neighbors to catch her getting scolded by this woman, but the alternative would be worst.

The woman turned her head when she heard Shay's name called out. Her head snapped over to see who was calling her. "Kim Seokjin!" she yipped. "It's so nice to run into you!" Shay grimaced when she heard the woman speaking to Jin. Of course, she had spoken to all of Shay's neighbors. She was probably trying to figure out precisely who Shay was behind closed doors. Luck was on her side, though. Shay had always been a friendly, social person. It's one of the reasons why she succeeded so well at her job. She had nothing to worry about with that woman talking to her neighbors.

"Hi," Jin said to her with a little wave. He was most certainly on guard with this one. She was most definitely a fan. A fan that knew he was in this building. The good news for him, the woman didn't see him leaving his apartment. For all she knew, Jin was here to see Shay.

"You don't know how happy I am to speak to you! Ah! Kim Namjoon! Kim Seokjin! Min Yoongi! Oh! You know the chant, I don't need to tell you that!" The woman crooned.

"Is everything alright, Shay?" Jin asked, ignoring the woman in front of him and looking straight at Shay.

The woman cleared her throat and turned her attention back to Shay. "Remember what we talked about, Ms. Kook."

"Yes, Mrs. Choi. I'll see you soon," Shay called out as the two of them watched her walk away.

Jin couldn't help but blush a little after Mrs. Choi got done speaking. She said Ms. Kook, not Mrs. Kook. That meant Shay was not married. She could still have a boyfriend, this is true, but at least she wasn't married. Not married was something he could work with.

"Thank you again for saving me. I was dreading hearing another one of Mrs. Choi's raptures," Shay said, finally able to take a breath.

"What was that about anyways?" Jin asked, confused by the whole interaction between the two women.

"Nothing important," Shay answered.

"You're not going to tell me, are you?" Jin asked, narrowing his eyes.