7

Mr. Lee was dead on about some funny business going on with Mrs. Choi. By the following afternoon, the lawyers had come up with the necessary paperwork and a plan for them to confront Mrs. Choi. Praises and raises to the legal team at BigHit!

Dressed to the nines in suits and ties, BTS walked into Child Services and straight into Mrs. Choi's office. "Kim Namjoon?! Kim Seokjin?! Min Yoongi! Jung Hoseok! Park Jimin! Kim Taehyung! Jeon Jungkook! Oh! You all came in the BTS fan chant order!" Mrs. Choi cooed.

"This is our manager Sejin and our lawyer Mr. Lee," Namjoon directed Mrs. Choi as they stood in her office, filling the small space to capacity.

"Wonderful! Our little establishment is happy to welcome you! You know there are a lot of children that would be grateful to have your help! How can I be of service?"

"We're only here for one," Jimin told her.

"Oh? But there are so many..."

"We'd like to speak to your manager," Jin hissed.

"Damn, Hyung. Not wasting any time before you go for the jugular," Yoongi whispered to Jin with a proud smile on his face.

"I'm ready for this to be over," Jin stated matter-of-factly.

Everyone who needed to be involved moved to a conference room to accommodate the large number of people who were present for the meeting. "Gentleman, Mrs. Choi, can someone explain what is going on to me?" Mr. Park, the Child Services head, hustled into the conference room, taking his seat at the head of the table. BTS, Mr. Lee, and Sejin all sat together at the other end, showing their unity. Mrs. Choi sat in the middle.

"Afternoon, I'm Mr. Lee. I will be representing Ms. Kook and BTS in this matter." Shay was not there, nor did she know of this meeting and what it pertained to. Her dealing with Mrs. Choi was over. It was Jin and the rest of the members to care for their family. She would be filled in later. They imagine the big thanks they would get at the end. Jin, especially getting a special thanks from Shay.

"I'm a little confused. What does Ms. Kook or BTS have to do with any matter in Child Services?" Mr. Lee asked with his brows pinched together.

No one except for Mr. Lee was going to be speaking. They needed his dialogue and expertise to get through to Mr. Park and Mrs. Choi.

"Ms. Kook is an employee of theirs. As her lawyer and members of the board she serves under, Ms. Kook falls under the umbrella of protection for all BigHit employees." Mr. Lee took a minute to allow Mr. Park to get comfortable in his seat. Although it didn't really matter, they wouldn't be there long anyhow. "Mr. Park, what can you tell me about Ms. Kook's case?"

"Open and shut. She came here seeking custody of her nephew after the boy's parents tragically passed away. She showed that she had a regularly paying job, a well-taken, cared-for home, aftercare for the child while she was at work, and a school ready to accept him as a student. No other family members disputed so Ms. Kook was granted full custody," Mr. Park recalled.

"Interesting. So follow-up appointments after Ms. Kook won custody weren't needed?" Mr. Lee asked.

"I don't see why they would be. Ms. Kook met all of the criteria exponentially. She is the ideal parent we all want our children to have."

"Have you ever met Ms. Kook?"

"Briefly, lovely woman."

"Did you meet any of Silas's other family members?"

"None ever came forward during the court hearings."

Mr. Lee shot Mrs. Choi a knowing look. "Did you know she was American? That she had given up her job, her home, everything to come over here and raise her South Korean-born nephew so he could be closer to his heritage?"