3 | the star and her brightness

"Well Nova, did you like the Glade?" Minho asked while we're walking.

"Yeah it's seems pretty good. And people in here looks nice too. Specially Frypan and Newt. They're so kind."

Frypan and I met at dinner time, and he was quite a lovable person. I didn't have much hope for Glade, I wanted to go out right away, but he told me it could be fun here too.

And for Newt, well since he never left my brother's side, I had a chance to know him too. But we didn't talk much, he's usually too busy admiring my brother Thomas.

Minho answered really quick. "They are but not everyone is nice as them." He paused for a second. I guess he was hesitating about what he was going to say.

"Like Gally, and other builders. They do everything what he say."

I didn't know Gally well. I decided to change the subject.

"Tell me more about Glade. Like about maze."

Minho shook his head. "Trust me, you don't wanna know. It's dangerous."

"Then tell me and let me to decide myself."

"Well first of all, Grievers in there. Which means creatures that trying to kill you."

He was telling all this as if it were normal things.

"Then the Doors close at specific time. Which means if you're late you'll spend a night with Grievers. And that's means I'll find your dead body in the morning."

I was surprised. "And yet you go there every day." I looked my behind to Gladers. "For them."

"Let's just say that everyone who comes here isn't as strong and fast as me or the other runners. Everyone has to make sacrifices at some point." Minho said this with a carefree tone.

I was a little fascinated. They risked their lives every day for others. I wanted to be one of them.

“Okay then. How can I be a runner? And Thomas, he wants to be a runner too."

Minho stopped and looked at me like I was crazy.

"Are you crazy?!" He almost yelled. When I flinched he suddenly calmed down and grabbed both of my arms. The look in his eyes seemed to be so sad. "What was that? Are you okay? Is it because I raised my voice?"

Actually, I didn't even know why I was flinched. I just had a feeling from the past. Not good i think.

"Shuck I'm so sorry, are you okay?"

When I looked at his hands holding my arm, he immediately pulled them back.

"Sorry for that-"

"Jeez it's okay. It wasn't your fault by the way, you know that right?"

"What was it then?"

I turned my face down and looked at the ground.

"Some feeling that from my past. Don't ask what it is, cause I don't know either."

Minho's face looked much calmer. "Now I'm relieved. For a moment I thought it was my fault and-"

"And what? Did you worried for me?" I said sarcasticly.

He chuckled quietly. And I realized when he smiled, he's eyes disappeared. That was so... sweet. How can a person look so intimidating when he's not smiling. But also can look so cute when he is smiling.

He had found the perfect balance between the two.

"Ah you wished. And slim it about that." He said it with a smile on his face.

Am I stupid or my brain is not braining?

"You just said slim it, what do you mean by that?"

"Shut up." He spoke casually.

My mouth and my eyes widened.

"Excuse me! What the hell is wrong with you?!" I was pretty pissed off, and I was right. He never needed to be so rude all of a sudden.

"Well you asked for it." He spoke calmly without even looking at me.

"All I wanted was for you to tell me the meaning of the word. And you-"

"I did." He paused for a second. "Slim it means shut up."

I couldn't be more embarrassed.

He started to laugh more. "Don't feel bad, it takes time to get used to it." He lifted his shoulders like he didn't care.

I covered my face with my hands. "Ah I'm sorry."

"Well, don't be. It's not that big deal."

We stood there for a long time without speaking. When this started to get a little weird, I decided to say what was left unfinished.

"Well, I was going to say something if Alby hadn't interrupted our-" His eyes widened. "Our what?

"Talk."

"Um you can say it now."

"You're name is Minho right? So, Minho means brightness and goodness."

He crossed his arms causing to be seen his muscles and veins and biceps and- anyway...

He seemed dissatisfied with the answer. "That's it? The meaning of your name is more beautiful."

He was absolutely being ridiculous. The meaning of his name also is so good.

"Maybe it is. But you know, if the stars had no brightness we wouldn't be able to see them, and their beauty." I said.

He rolled his eyes with disbelief. "You're being ridiculous. Wherever you are, no matter what everyone could see your beauty."

What did he just say?

I didn't have a mirror to look myself in but I knew my face was red. Luckily it was dark and no one could see that.

I looked at him again, his face turned the other way. "Uhm I-I meant the stars. Y-you know, the ones that in the sky, not you of course."

"Whatever you say." I scoffed.

He turned his head to me. "I'm going to Ben. Good night star- Oh shuck! Nova! I meant Nova. Good night Nova."

I giggled. He turned around and threw his hand in the air, walking towards the runners. He could be heard talking to himself.

Yeah, he is funny. And I liked that.

When Minho left, I went back to Thomas. He was still talking to Newt in a low voice. Then Newt noticed that I came. "Oh hi Nova." I can't lie, I love his British accent!

I put on a fake surprise expression on my face. "Wow Newt, impressive. How did you remember my name? Especially when you're with Thomas all day."

Newt gulped. "Let's talk about that tomorrow. I guess you're out of your mind, and you're being ridiculous. I talked with you too."     He was blushing!

"Yeah yeah I remember! I guess that was three hours ago hm?" I scoffed.

Newt's eyes sparkled. He looked as if he had found something to distract the subject. "That cause you're with Minho for last two hours."

Thomas was watching us like a spectator at a tennis match.

"Can you both shut up please?"

Newt looked at him. "Excuse me?"

"What? I need to sleep, my eyes started to close on their own." He looked like a puppy when he said this.

Thomas got up and helped Newt up too.

And that's when I thought there was something wrong with Newt's leg.

"Well then good night Tommy."

"Night!"

I'm curious, what was your favorite part?

Hope u liked it!
See u in the next chapter, bye ly<333

If there is a song you want me to put in the next chapter, write it.