Georgia

Cities always give me a headache. If it weren't for the trick my old I'm mentor taught me, then I would probably explode from all the information this one is giving me. Everyone seems to be thinking completely different things all at the same time.

That little boy over there is thinking about pick pocketing me. I shoot him a glare and he hurriedly backs away into the crowd.

Just being here is sapping my energy. Doesn't matter, I just need to focus on my own goals, or more specifically, my own thoughts. Since I memorized the map of Maith, I know exactly where to turn. Pine road, Pine road... there it is, passing right through Krail Drive!

I can distantly hear two people bickering. I extend my thoughts to theirs, and realize that the little girl is attending Odeas, and none of them know the password. I roll my eyes. It was literally written in thick letters under 'important' in the letter they sent the students.

"Juniper," I say once I reach the people, "Juniper is the password." The gate opens and I walk past the girl, who seems to be about my age. I can't read that much about her, she has a surprisingly guarded mind.

"Thanks," says the girl, whom I now know as Zelena, thanks to the other woman, "What's your na-" but I'm already gone, slipping through the trees to take a shortcut to my new school.

If only everyone wasn't trying to be friendly all the time, maybe my head wouldn't hurt so much. It was different back home, where my parents and four siblings always guarded their minds against me, to make it easier for me to relax.

I sigh as I continue walking on the path during this gorgeous sunny day. Maybe I'll be able to visit them again, but for now, I need to focus on school, and hopefully get noticed by the High Mage of Telepathy, who could grant me a quest.

I round another bend in the path and abruptly stop walking. The school is so big, and bustling with so much activity, I can't take my eyes off it. Beautiful turrets at every corner of the school soar so high, they seem to be grazing the clouds. The school closely resembled a fairy tale castle, with it's grand front doors, overlooking a moat.

Not a very good idea, considering water mages could get in without trouble, but still breathtaking nonetheless. I slowly approach the school and notice, well hear, a large crowd of people standing in front of a table lined with school officials. I zoom in on the closest one, and realize their handing out pamphlets and whispering passwords to the meandering students, probably for their dormitories.

I hurry over to the table, hoping to get a good bed next to a window, and stop in front of a stern looking woman wearing a crisp Odeas uniform.

"Welcome," she says, in a most unwelcome way, "What is your name?" She pulls out a list and I say clearly, "Georgia Senn, miss," the lady looks through her sheets and stiffens. A quick scan shows that she graduated a year younger than everyone else, and had treasured the thought of being superior all her life, until today that is.

She is jealous of me not only being able to beat her record, but also do it while at the same time skipping three grades. I beam widely at the thought of getting under this woman's skin, and politely say,

"Where will I be staying while I'm here?" This seems to aggravate her even more, as she shoves a pamphlet entitled Welcome to Odeas School of Magic for Girls! We are so excited to have you! under my nose and practically shouts "Wall Frog!" In my ear.

"Your turrets supervisor will show you to your dormitories." Before I can respond, she shouts 'Next!' And I'm pushed out of the way by an older student, who thinks she has the right to anything she wants, even though that's about the only thing floating in that empty head of hers.