Lily

I feel something warm on my face. It's so soft, and cuddly. I giggle a little, still half asleep, until I notice a noise. It's garbled and faint, but there nonetheless.

"Wake... School... Time," that's funny, it almost sounds like... "LILY!!!" I jump out of bed, smacking away Zelena's hand, who was trying to poke me awake. "What is it?" I ask, now fully awake and refreshed. She starts to laugh, as Georgia walks over and rolls her eyes. "How is it you can stay asleep when people are poking and prodding at you?" Georgia asks, helping me up. I go to answer but notice a roll of yellowed parchment on my bedside table. "What are these?" I say, picking it up off the nightstand. Zelena turns around and grabs hers, "I'm not sure, they weren't there before," she says, fingering with the blue seal of the school. Georgia grabs hers and sits on my bed. "It's obviously our schedule, the headmistress said we would get it today. Did you two forget already?" Georgia says, although now I do remember. I use the tips of my fingernails, painted a light red, to slice through the seal and open my schedule. I notice that halfway through the week we have one academic day, to practice math, science, history etc. For today though, I have classes A, C, B, Lunch, and then F, D and E. In the folds of the paper, a small band flies out and lands on the bed. A little note comes out too, written in neat handwriting.

This is a time band functioning solely on magic energy. Once you put it on, it will connect to your energy stream and function based on your prowess and ability. Higher magical ability will give your time band enhanced performance as well as different applications.This is mainly to encourage practicing your abilities, but it comes with three main functions: Telling the time, keeping track of your magical energy, and finally sending messages to fellow students. (The last function is not to be used during class) Have fun and study hard! -Headmistress Isabelle Clark.

I pick up the silver band and inspect it further. It appears to be a thick silicone band with a small indent on the side. "How do you think it works?" Asks Zelena before slipping hers on. She gives a little yelp, then gasps. "What happened?" I ask her, terrified something went wrong. She rubs her wrist a bit before answering. "It shocked me in reverse. Sort of like taking some energy instead of putting it in me. Then it felt really nice, like a cool blanket," Georgia turns to look at her and says, "The letter did say that it runs on your own magic." She slips hers on and jumps a little, but other than that, nothing happens. I decide to try on my own, a little reverse - shock won't kill me. The band slides over my hand easily, then tightens automatically around my wrist. As it adjusts, I feel a jolt of pain, as if my body were objecting to having some magic drained from it. Almost immediately after the shock, a cool feeling emanates from the time band, erasing the pain and replacing it with comfort. We all stare at our new time bands, until Georgia asks, "How do you think we... turn them on?" I run my hand over the smooth surface until I reach the little indent. I press on it, and it makes a soft clicking sound, like a button. Before I can tell Zelena and Georgia, a light green hologram shoots from the surface. It turns into a 2 inch tall, 4 inch wide rectangle, and information starts scrolling down. Both other girls come over and sit on my bed. "Is that a hologram?" Asks Zelena, running her hand through the image. "I think so." I tell her. The words on my screen are all about me; Name, age, hair and eye colour, blood type. It stops scrolling and an oval appears on the image. On instinct I put my finger on top of it, as a light sweeps underneath. A robotic voice says, "Identity confirmed" before the screen shuts down again. I look over at my friends' screens, which are both displaying their physical information. "I wonder why we got these. No one ever said we would, and none of the older kids had the before," I say to them. Georgia looks over and says, "It must be some new technology that came out recently." Zelena nods, chuckling a bit, "A school with so much money can afford to spoil us a tad." I click the button again, this time to check what time it is, and realize breakfast is in ten minutes from now. "Hey, it's already 7:50! We need to get ready!" Zelena and Georgia both look at me, realization crossing their faces. We were all still in our pyjamas, and my hair was a mess. In a scramble to get ready, Zelena bounces and falls off my bed, making us all laugh. She gets back up and uses her air magic to float a couple inches above the ground, avoiding falling again. Georgia grabs her clothes out of the dresser near her bed and starts changing immediately. I look down at my soft flannel pants and old t shirt, and sigh. I wish they would let us sleep in a little longer, but I guess not. I pull out my school uniform from the dresser near my bed and start to put it on. Their is a lot of freedom in what we need to wear, so I brought loose black pants and a tight red shirt. For shoes I switch my huge fuzzy socks for some light flats. Zelena pulls on her leather boots, something only elemental mages can wear, since dead animal auras can confuse our energy. I check my time band again, seeing that there are only two minutes till breakfast. "We only have two more minutes, do you think we'll make it?" I ask nervously. Ten minutes ago I had heard the rest of the girls downstairs leave, but the band had taken up most of my attention. "Of course," says Georgia, grabbing me and Zelena, and pulling us towards the hatch. I push down the ladder, but Zelena just jumps down, cushioning her fall with air. Georgia rolls her eyes and climbs down. Before following her, I turn off the lights. Climbing down, I pull the latch over my head. As we cross the the fourth and fifth garders' room, I see makeup bags and hair brushes strewn across the floor. Once we get to the wooden door, Georgia pulls it open revealing a completely empty hallway. There are absolutely no students left, meaning we are definitely late. Zelena takes off running down the spiral staircase, and I follow close behind. It's eery how quiet it is except for our thundering footsteps echoing against the cobblestone. Once we finally reach the bottom, Zelena pulls open the door and Georgia says, "All right, it's time for school."

A/N
Helloooooo :) I've posted a list of the schedule times, but not the subjects yet, that's for the next chapter.

Week day schedule

6:00-6:55 Wake up if you want an early shower
7:00-7:55 Normal wake up, get ready for the day
8:00-9:00 Breakfast in the great hall, also free time
9:00-9:15 Get your stuff for school
9:15-10:05 Class A or B or B
10:15-11:05 Class C or C or A
11:15-12:05 Class B or A or C
12:10-1:10 Lunch in the great hall, also free time
1:15-2:05 Class F or E or E
2:15-3:05 Class D or D or D
3:15-4:05 Class E or F or F
4:05-6:00 Extracurriculars are usually held within this time, but students are free to do whatever
6:00-7:00 Supper in the great hall, also free time
7:00-9:00 Students cannot be outside, but still have free time
9:00-9:50 Class G for some but free time for most
10:00 Everyone is to head back to their common rooms
11:00 All students go to their dorms for the night