Zelena

A/N
Today I the most amazing thing happened... someone who isn't my bestest friend in the whole universe voted for my story😄😄😄😄😄 I'm practically jumping with joy!!! Whoever has read this far I thank you, and don't forget to comment and vote!
-Grace

"There's a new presence in the dormitory," Georgia tells me, dropping her cards and staring at the hole in the floor. I immediately start laughing again, and quickly dismiss the thought.

"It's probably just a teacher coming to check on us," I say, picking my cards back up. "No, I'm serious," She says, "I've already memorized the feel of everybody here, this is someone entirely new, someone powerful. (A/N I had to fight the urge to say somepony like twenty times there)

We hear a few gasps from downstairs and scoot over to the hole. I stick my head out and Georgia follows suit. I immediately notice the girl standing in the doorway, with blonde hair and purple eyes.

The mean eighteen year old laughs at something blondie said, and responds with, "I'm sorry," she says in a baby voice, "but the elementary school is a few blocks down, maybe you should check it out."

The new girl looks hurt, and I almost tumble down the hole to go talk to the older girl, but Georgia stops me, telling me to listen. All of mean girls' friends burst into laughter, and blondies expression hardens.

"Do you know what?" She says with false pity, "The Magic for Beginners learning circle is downstairs, and starts in a couple minutes. Maybe you should check that out."

All the older girls clamp their mouths shut, and Bianca (I just remembered her name), stares at blondie with fury in her eyes. Georgia and I say, "ohhhhhhhh," in unison and burst out laughing.

The new kid struts over confidently and begins climbing the ladder. She slips a bit on the rust but I help her up.

We sit in a circle and Georgia is about to speak, but I shoot her a thought, Don't tell her you already know who she is, it might freak her out. Georgia looks at me and responds, She must already know she's living with telepaths.

"I'm Zelena and this is Georgia," I say, breaking off our silent conversation, "Who are you?" She blushes and replies, "Lily" at barely a whisper. She must be shy. "Don't mind the girls downstairs," says Georgia, looking at Lily apprehensively, "They're just jealous because we're special."

Lily looks slightly baffled, and Georgia winks at me. I mentally slap her, Don't answer rhetorical mind questions like that, idiot. She glares at me and I stick my tongue out.

Lily is starting to look extremely uncomfortable so I say, "Anyways, there's one bunk left for you Lily, and a trunk to put your stuff. Also, I can move the shingles on the roof if you want a window."

She looks up above me and Georgia's bunks and sees the metal shingles pulled open like curtains. "Wait, the lock on the ground outside the door was you, right?" Lily says. I smile at her knowingly and she smiles back.

"Also," she adds, "do you know when the Enchanters are getting their wands?" I instinctively look to the left for my old clock, but stop myself. Why get a clock when you have a Georgia?

3:35, she tells me mentally. "Actually Lily, there's a meeting for all Enchanters in our common room in ten minutes. We can take you there if you like." I say, remembering the speech the headmistress gave yesterday at supper.

"Sure," she replies, standing up, "I'll just put away my things first. And if you don't mind, a window would be nice," she smiles at me and I get up.