Chapter 02

Cough

Suguru sighed as he leaned against the wall, not an inch of his body was saved from the aching. It hurts, everything hurts, even breathing hurts, he must've broken a rib or two. And to think it's still not done.

Ingesting a cursed spirit two levels above him is easy, but above that, there will be a penalty. Hence, he couldn't afford to ingest the cursed spirits he fought. Like his prediction, there's more than one Cursed Spirits inside this temple.

Upon entering the temple, he encountered a group of Grade 1 Yakubyo Gami, it is a class of evil spirits that spread infectious diseases and misfortune. Fighting them off was a pain, as they kept messing up with his health and luck. Truly a pain, but what came next was even worse. It was a pair of Special Grade 1 - demonic Tanuki and Kitsune. They are the evil ones of their kind, they are well known for being rejected, forcing them to be evil. And they grew stronger as they stayed on that side. Suguru spent a large amount of time fighting off these two, their superb ability in jujutsu, transforming abilities, and cunning and full of trickery personalities forced Suguru to the edge. He nearly died, though thankfully he managed to exorcise the two. He took a rest after that, more like he fainted after exorcising the two. He used the Reverse curse technique to heal himself as he proceeded and fought the Special Grades. 

He's currently outside the temple, at the back of the temple to be exact - resting his numbed body. In front of him is a castle, and by the looks of it, he can already guess how powerful the being inside is. He needs to ingest the cursed spirits and have them aid him once he fights the one inside the castle.

Suguru took a deep breath before using the reverse cursed technique once more, breathing in relief soon after. Staring at the blue and sky, and glancing at his tattered clothes and messed up body, Suguru was unsure of the amount of time he spent inside the temple. He broke his phone, he forgot to store it inside the Inventory Curse and unfortunately broke it during one of the fights. A day might have already passed, or two, doesn't matter, surely when he went back, Satoru would still be away. That's good, Suguru has yet to fully remove the guilt in his heart. Ever since he came back, he has been living in a world of anxiety and guilt, he wishes to change things and give himself a bit of relief.

"Ah shit"  Suguru murmured as he stared blankly at the Kijin sitting in a throne-like chair at the end of the room. Truly my worst day in life, Suguru wished he could die right now.

His enemy is an oni so powerful and so violent that he is considered both a demon (ki) and god (jin), he has yet to fight this cursed spirit, but from the appearance, Suguru could already identify him as a figure from the legends. Seriously why would those monkeys fear shitty beings like this? it's giving nothing but inconvenience to sorcerers like him. Suguru leaned sideways and started stretching his body, things would start getting super messy.

[A/N: as you've noticed, I've been skipping most of the fighting scenes as I am not good at it and I don't want to disappoint myself, and well, my dear readers. Let's just let it be, okay? *insert begging tone*]

Suguru's dead eyes stared dumbly at the panting giant who tried to swing its sword at him but failed. He is - for some reason, he can't use reverse cursed technique, to be specific, he can't seem to conjure cursed energy at all. He couldn't understand why, he failed to find any reason behind this at all. All he knew it that he needed to kill that bastard, no, exorcise him, but with his tiny amount of cursed energy, he was unsure if he could do it. Maybe if I rest for a while, I'll be able to recover at least enough amount of cursed energy. Suguru then fainted once again, the number of times he fainted in that place could now not be counted with two hands, and for some reason, it pisses him off.