Chapter 03

"Damn I wanna go to abroad" Haibara grumbled as he buried himself in his arms.

"I would too if it's a vacation" Suguru countered.

"I agree with Senpai" and Nanami supported Suguru's statement.

"Can't I tag along?" Satoru sulked as he whispered to Suguru's ears, acting pitiful.

"Unfortunately the higher ups prepared a solo mission especially for you" Suguru countered making the albino groan in dismay.

Suguru engulfed the albino in a soft hug, slightly disappointed with the small amount of time they spend together. However, Suguru knew better than let his desire lead him, his actions, his ideals, it's for the future. For their safety. For their lives. The reason why he set up such objectives he forced himself to achieve before a specific time and the reason why he always put his life on line whenever he encounters strong foes and the reason why he always choose the missions that seemed to be impossible to achieve and the reason why he grew strong and wish to grow stronger, it's all for a life he wished to live.

"Ah, that reminds me, if you guys have questions regarding your lessons, feel free to ask me. I'll be staying for a week before leaving for the mission" Suguru turned towards the first years and expressed his concern regarding their studies, in which the first years we grateful for.

"How long will you be gone?" Satoru felt a bad premonition from Suguru's words, and sure enough, his premonition came true.

"Hmmmm, a year at most" Suguru carelessly answered. Forgetting how Satoru's clinginess got worst these past few months.

"Hmmm" Satoru merely hummed in reply, lest he cause suspicion. However, his thoughts says otherwise.

What are those higher ups thinking? Maybe they've gone senile, or are they too old to think straight? Otherwise, those old people should be removed from their seats soon

"Gah! Sugu! What are you doing!?" Satoru nearly screeched when he caught Suguru smoking with Shoko.

"Shoko! Stay away from Sugu, your bad habits is rubbing off him!" Satoru sent accusations after accusations at Shoko who merely shrug as the Albino held Suguru protectively (?) from the wretched witch(? Shoko?)

"Wow, your dramatic personality has gotten worse, should I call the Mental Institution and book you a room?" Shoko teasingly asked as she raised her phone.

Satoru gasped as he stared at Shoko as though the woman had betrayed him.

"T-Traitor, I-I knew it, it was you!" Satoru then dramatically fell against Suguru, acting as though he had fainted out of stress.

"Suguru, I met this girl, she's pretty, good body, smart, and kind hearted. Plus, she's single, I have her number, you interested?" Shoko questioned Suguru as though she is seriously matchmaking him with a girl, but she all did it to taunt Satoru, and it was successful.

"Shoko! Suguru don't listen to her nonsense" Satoru then added dramatic crying to make his act even more believable. What act? The act of a wife catching his husband cheating on her.

And there you go ladies and gentlemen, your daily dose of Satoru worth of chaos.

As planned, Suguru left for his mission days later, there was no sort of dramatic goodbyes, there wasn't even a single one. It was all a 'see you later' and a 'how dare you abandon me' from our ever dramatic king of entertainment Gojo Satoru.

Suguru promised to contact everyone once in a while, and call Satoru every week as the albino basically wouldn't let him go if he hadn't promised and his flight only 5 minutes from leaving wasn't helping, he also (was forced to) promised that he would send souvenirs every month - that basically finished all the drama, just a bit of coddling is needed.

Ever since then, days, weeks, even months has passed. Each and every one of them lived their own lives. Kento (Nanami) and Yu (Haibara) has officially stepped into the second year, and had gotten even more busy due to the additional missions they received. Though the two would still make time to answer the phone calls of their dear Senpai (Suguru). And the same could be said to Suguru, Satoru, and Shoko. Although Suguru wasn't present, the three did ascend into the next level of high school, which is the third year. Shoko officially became the school nurse, as based of on Yaga's word - "It's not like we have any other choice, why wait for another year to make it official". Satoru also started to get sent to far away placed for big missions, and he would sometimes meet off with Suguru whenever he's near.

Aside from the calls, the people from the school looks forward the most is when Suguru's box arrived. This box contains gifts, and souvenirs. Suguru sends a box every month and no one could deny the anticipation whenever these boxes arrives. For nothing was the same. Each and every box contains different items from different places. One could say its like Suguru is travelling all around the world and the gifts and souvenirs he sends make it seems as though everyone had accompanied the man in his travel.

But it's not always happiness and sunshine. One night, Satoru received a call from Shoko, just when he thought it would be one of those emergency missions again, Shoko told him a whole different story.

"Suguru did what?" Satoru could no longer maintain a smile as he felt his stomach drop at the news.

Satoru Gojo, the head of the Gojo Family, one of the three main family of the Jujutsu world is running at full speed. A distance that would take hours has been reached within a few minutes. This is one of the most nerve wrecking moments Satoru has ever experienced, and he never once wished for it.

What does he even expect in life? That it would be perfect? All rainbows and butterflies? Flowers blooming? Wrong, ever since he understood his purpose, his life lost its color.

What childhood? He could barely afford to have that, what youth? If it weren't for this school, he bet he wouldn't even be able to afford it. What life? It was never fun and easy as he makes it out to be. What joy? Such things is a luxury. What relaxation? That's something you can only have once in a lifetime, the next one is in the afterlife.

He just have one wish in this life, it's something simple yet the world seems to wish for it to be taken from him. Just please - please, don't take him from me, I need him - like a child, he begged the Gods he never once believed in. He begged and cried for help from the beings he always thought to be nonexistent. He swore - I'd do anything, please don't take him from me.

"Satoru, Suguru wasn't attacked, no one or nothing attacked him. Suguru - he tried to end his life" - Shoko's words were like an announcement for the beginning of the most heart wretching moment he is about to experience in this life.