Chapter 05

"Suguru, are you hurt? Was the mission that hard?" That you have to be this late. The remaining words were left unsaid as Satoru approached the dark haired man and inspected Suguru's body thoroughly, leaving not an inch behind.

Only after making sure that there was not a scratch on the other male's body did Satoru released the breath he's been holding on unconsciously.

"Satoru" the said man flinched when he met Suguru's dark glistening eyes.

What's wrong? Was a question he failed to voice out.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry for always worrying you like this. It was a mistake okay? I was fighting a cursed user with hypnosis and illusion related cursed technique, though I defeated him, I didn't know the effect of his cursed technique didn't disappear along with the cursed user. And more on to the fact that it stayed with me for days. I'm good okay? I won't let myself get hurt again. Please forgive me" Suguru reached out to Satoru's face, brushing the fallen hair out of the other man's pale face before grabbing the albino's nape gently and closing the distance between their faces until their foreheads touched.

"I love you" Suguru whispered, his eyes appreciating Satoru's beautiful ocean like eyes. Those pair of blues that caught his breath whenever he sees them, and it never fails to amaze him how he always fall in love with this man every second he spend with him. That's why I came back, to spend more time with this idiot.

Satoru inwardly sighed as he leaned against Suguru's touch, also staring, appreciating the other man's dark orbs. The look on Suguru's eyes always give Satoru the reassurance that the man would never leave his side. And despite his doubts, he decided to keep on trusting the said man - the man he chose for life.

"Suguru, if you ever reach a near death experience ever again, I swear to whoever created this world, I'm going to chain you with me and keep you by my side forever" in which the dark haired male chuckle a reply. You already did, Satoru. Only the Gods know how much you affect my entire being.

"What are you laughing at?! You think I'm joking?"

______________________________________

Suguru watched his hand reach out for the knife, it was the sharpest one out of the bunch.

Am I dreaming?

Suguru tried to move, hoping for it to be a lucid dream, but he failed. He felt helpless and could only watch as the blade in his hand cut the skin on his wrist. He didn't felt the pain, which proved his initial thought of this being a dream.

Or perhaps, could this be the memory of that night?

When Suguru asked Satoru for forgiveness, the reason behind the incident was a lie. He just said it to put the other man's mind in peace. The truth is that he couldn't remember what happened. It was as though the memory of that night was sealed forcefully on his subconsciousness. And currently, he seemed to have redeemed it through a dream.

As he expected, the blade was raised once more and placed a few more deep cuts on his skin. He could only stare in horror as the scary amount of blood seep through the cuts, down to his skin, and into the floor.

As Suguru continued to watch the blood falling, he slowly notices how beside each cut is a scar of the same length as the cuts.

Aside from the incident, he couldn't remember having cuts in his arms.

".....S-Suguru" his line of sight suddenly shifted until it found focus on a shaken - teary eyed albino. A familiar voice and a familiar face.

Satoru. What's Satoru doing here? He wasn't supposed to be there - this happened abroad, and Satoru was in Japan. How could he be here?