Chapter one. The body

Shauna was getting ready to sneak out her window again, to go into the woods to wolf out since it was a full moon and she was still learning to control her wolf form. Letting out a low growl, she opened her window and got ready to climb out when she heard noises on the roof and heard Scott along with stiles yelling at each other.

She took a deep breath and let it out, before going to see what the two dorks were up to. Opening her bedroom door, she walked down stairs and out to the front porch listening to Scott and stiles talking. Accept Scott was definitely annoyed, she stood there quietly as she let them talk. "I thought you were a predator." Scott told stiles.

"A pre... Wha?" Stiles looks at Scott, clearly appalled by the implication, before scoffing and changing the subject to why he's there. "Look, I know it's late, but you gotta hear this. I saw my dad leave twenty minutes ago. Dispatch called-- they're bringing in every officer from the Beacon Department, and even state police.

"Why would they need to do that?" Shauna asked, making the boys turn to look at her just now realizing that she was standing there.

"For what?" Scott asked, before looking at Shauna. "I thought that mom said you went to bed early?" He wondered why she was up and why she looked like she was going somewhere.

"I did go to bed early, but I'm wide awake now and wanted to go out into the woods." Shauna told the boys truthfully, looking over at stiles wondering why he looked so gleeful.

"Two joggers found a body in the woods." Stiles says, reaching up to pull himself free of the trellis, Stiles lands on his feet in front of Scott, who still looks at him and his sister confused.

"What, a dead body?" Scott as his best friend still confused. Stiles reaches up and leans on the railing to look at Scott at eye-level with a sarcastic expression, while Shauna was trying to contain her laughter at the two boys and trying not to worry about hearing that there was a dead body.

"No, a body of water." Stiles rolled his eyes at Scott. "Yes dumb a.., a body." He told Scott and Shauna, he could tell how confused the two were but Shauna looked worried more so then confused.
Scott looks unnerved about this news, as Stiles climbs over the railing to join him and Shauna on the porch.

"You mean like murdered?" Scott asked stiles, wondering why someone would even kill out in the woods but he knew that it wasn't uncommon accept this was out completely of the ordinary, because nothing ever happened in beacon hills that was interesting. He would eventually regret those words though, as stiles talked him and Shauna into going out with him into the woods.

"Nobody knows yet. Just that it was a girl, probably in her twenties." Stiles told Scott.

Scott frowned. "Hold on, if they found the body, then what are they looking for?"

Stiles becomes overwhelmed with glee at the drama of this situation, as he finishes the story. "That's the best part-- they only found half of her."
Stiles tone of voice changes, making it clear that Scott and his sister don't have a say in what happens next.

"Wait what?" Shauna asked, as her eyes went wide but she tried to hide her uneasy feeling and horrified look that tried to come on her face.
"We're going, all three of us." Stiles told them both.

The three of them pulled up in Stiles blue jeep, to the preserve that has a warning sign prohibiting/warning against entry at nighttime. Stiles got out with his flashlight in hand, with the other two not far behind him and of course Scott was trying to keep up with him.

While Shauna took a more slower pace but kept up with them, she kept her ears peeled and her eyes open. She looked towards her brother and Stiles, she rolled her eyes at their conversation but didn't say anything.

"Are we seriously doing this?" Scott asked Stiles, as the three of them walked through the woods looking for the body.

"Your always b....... about that nothing ever happens in this town." Stiles told Scott, he looked back to make sure Shauna was following them before turning back to Scott, who was complaining about wanting to get a good night sleep for practice tomorrow.

Shauna rolled her eyes, before listening to the two of the talking as the went up a hill. She stayed close to Scott as he started to have trouble with his breathing, she hummed in agreement about him having the flashlight.

She got worried for Scott, as he stumbled and took a hit from his inhaler again. She looked around then over at stiles, as he finally heard Scott but then got barked at by a k-9 dog.

Shauna quickly hid with Scott, while stiles got seen by the police. "We should go." She whispered to Scott quietly, seeing as the rain was starting to fall along with storms kicking in, as her and Scott tried to find their way out of there.

Her and Scott tried to follow the path, that they had walked with stiles to her back home, both of them had their hoods pulled up as the rain kept a steady pace.

Shauna kept her hands on her pockets, looking around while Scott took a hit of his inhaler, she listened closely to the animal sounds around her. She wasn't fazed by the sounds, but she did stumble backwards and fall on her butt as a deer jumped out of nowhere spooking her and Scott.

Who now lost his inhaler because of it, she shook his head and tried to help Scott find his inhaler, but stopped when Scott found the other half of the body. "Oh shrap." Shauna mumbled quietly, before looking over at Scott as he stumbled into a ravine. "Scott!" She shouted, walking down towards the ravine to get to Scott to help him up.

"We need to go." Shauna told Scott, helping him up and walking through the woods with him quickly, but she stopped when she heard growling from behind them.

She froze on the spot trying not to look behind them, she had a feeling that she knew what it was but didn't want to turn around to find out.