18. Hiding something?

At the Hale house

Once at the Hale house Shauna and Peter got out, and followed Derek and Scott into the house.

Scott looked down at his phone, after all of them had made it into the house. While Peter walked over to the stairs looking for something, he checked the steps.

"They found stiles." Scott said sounding relived, before looking over at Peter and Derek. "I checked everywhere." He heard Derek tell Peter.

"Not here." Peter said, pulling back a step board and pulling out a suitcase blowing it off.

"What is that a book?" Derek asked Peter, a little confused but also curious as to what it was.

Peter looked at him

Peter looked at him. "No, it's a laptop. What century are you living in?" He told Derek, before opening it and looking at the laptop. Derek looked away not saying anything, before looking back at Peter.

"Shortly after I got out of my coma, I transferred everything we had." Peter said, closing the suitcase and getting up after re-locking the case. "Fortunately, the Argents aren't the only one who keep records." He went into a different room, with Derek and Shauna following him.

"Shauna, can I talk to you for a second?" Scott asked, wanting to speak with her.

Shauna looked at her brother and sighed softly, before walking over to him to talk with him. "What about?" She asked him.

"I'll just be over here." Isaac said, going over to a corner of the room to give them some space to talk.

Scott sighed, looking at his sister. "Look...I'm sorry about what happened with Peter and about Derek slashing his throat. I should've told Derek about you two being bonded, and I should've been more understanding about you not telling me, about you being a wolf or about you being Peters girlfriend."

Shauna shook her head lightly.
"It's fine Scott, I forgive you both.
I understand that Derek had to do what he thought was right. Even if it hurt me and Peter. Scott...sigh...you've always been understanding but I couldn't tell you any of that. Because I was afraid of how you'd react." She told him, hearing his phone ring.

Scott looked at Shauna, before answering his phone. "Mom? I-I'm not sure this is a good time." He told his mom.

"Yeah, we'll I'm so nervous I can barely talk either." She told him over the phone, making him confused but also worried. "Why? What's wrong?"

"Something. Definitely something, but I think your gonna wanna see this for yourself." Melissa added, while Scott on the other end looked at Issac.

"We need to go. Call us, if you find out anything." Scott soon left with Issac, heading over to the hospital to look at something.

Shauna nodded her head, before going to the room that Peter and derek were in. She saw Derek looking up at her, while Peter looked up something on the laptop. "What?" She asked Derek, whom wouldn't stop staring at her.

"Are you okay?" Derek asked her, which made Peter glance at her before going back to researching on the laptop

"Y-yeah. Why wouldn't I be?" She said, even though her heart was racing like she was scared to tell them something.

"Because your heart is racing and we can hear it." Peter muttered, just as Derek got a call from Scott about Jackson.

"Im just nervous about something. Is all, but I promise you both that I'm okay. For real." Shauna told them both, before biting her bottom lip as the guys talked about what Scott was telling them.

"Okay, I think I got something." She heard Peter tell Derek, which made her look over at them. "It appears what your seeing from Jackson, is just the kanmias beta shape." Peter told Derek.

"Meaning what? It could turn into something bigger?" Derek asked his uncle, looking at the screen with him. "Bigger and badder." Peter replied leaning back in his seat.

Shauna walked over to what they were looking at

Shauna walked over to what they were looking at. "He's turning into that? That has wings." She heard Derek tell Peter.

"I can see that." Peter replied staring at the screen, before looking at Shauna sensing something off with her and she reeked of anxiety, and fear. He would have to ask her about it later, he looked back at his laptop seeing a video. "Looks like someone made a animated version of it. Maybe it's less frightening if we...

Peter played the video which made Derek and Shauna both, back up looking at the screen. "Nope. You should probably meet them halfway." Peter said looking at Derek, before getting up and gently grabbing Shauna's arm. "We need to talk."

Derek headed out to go meet them, he looks at the other two. "You two can talk about it later. Right now, we need to help Scott." He told them both, as he walked out the door after talking with Peter about going to get Lydia.

Peter sighed softly. "He's right, after we help Scott. We will talk, okay?" He heard Shauna tell him, he could tell that she definitely wasn't acting right. But he let it go for now.

"Okay, but after we help him, you are going to tell me what's going on with you." Peter told her firmly yet softly, he was really worried about her.