Day 3: Surprise

"So," she said, her eyes piercing through the boys' souls. "Does anyone have any questions?"

When Cole raised his hand slowly and carefully, Nya's gaze shifted over to him. He was sitting all the way to her right.

Upon realizing he was actually about to ask a question, the other three boys tried to telepathically tell him that he was about to be murdered, yet he didn't seem to get the message which caused Kai to slap his forehead and Lloyd to sigh while shaking his head.

"Cole?" Nya asked slowly, seeing him gulp.

"Um," he began, bringing his hand back down before resting it on his lap. "Maybe he took it with him?"

As soon as he watched as Nya slowly raised an eyebrow at him with a look on her face that said are you serious right now?, he knew he just made a mistake.

"First of all, it has a name," she explained.

"It's a freaking toy," Kai mumbled under his breath, exasperated.

Nya's head whipped over to him, causing him to shut up at once and basically cower in fear.

"Anyway," the Master of Water continued after giving her brother one last warning look, "he's been upset over losing him for about two days now, I don't think he actually took him with him."

"But what if he did, and you're just being scary again for no reason?" Lloyd whined out loud. Then, when he noticed the disturbingly quiet atmosphere around him, he came to the blood-chilling realization that those words actually left his mouth instead of just staying in his head. He looked at his female friend to see whether she was merciful enough to let him live to see another tomorrow.

Nya eyed him calmly. "Maybe. But since you're being very disrespectful right now, you won't get any dinner tonight," she stated, using the fact that she had the duty of preparing dinner for the evening to her advantage.

Lloyd's mouth popped open, his eyes widening in fear. "What?" he squeaked out. "That's not fair! Cole was more disrespectful than I was!" he then said and pointed a finger at his gasping teammate.

"Don't bring me into this!" Cole exclaimed, sending Lloyd a death glare.

"You're right," Nya nodded at Lloyd before looking at Cole. "No dinner for you either."

"What?!"

"Alright, I will go through the plan once again so that none of you have the chance to act dumb: Lloyd, you will look around all of the bedrooms. Kai, you'll look around the training room downstairs. Cole, you'll look around the vehicle bay. And Zane, you'll look around outside with me so that I can keep my sanity."

Once everyone nodded, some more reluctant than others, the team spread out.

❀✿❀✿❀

"Son," Edna said, catching her son's attention. Jay put down his spoon to listen to his mother. "You know how I feel about you playing with your food." She eyed his plate.

Jay sighed, nodding. "Sorry," he muttered as he swept up a spoonful of his lentil soup before eating it.

His parents exchanged glances.

Ed picked up a napkin and cleaned his mouth, clearing his throat. Jay lazily looked up at him. "What's wrong, Jay?"

Edna put her hand on her husband's, silently thanking him for asking the question that was at the tip of her tongue. Ed only squeezed her hand in acknowledgement.

"It's nothing," Jay sighed. He knew he had to spill the beans sooner or later, so he decided to voice his thoughts. "It's just that," another sigh, "Mr. Cuddlywomp... He's been gone, Pa. I don't know where he is."