Day 7: Forever

The blaring sun rays fell down on Jay's face, making him turn around in his bed to escape them. Thinking he'd successfully done so, he tried to go back to sleep but it was already too late.

He groggily opened his eyes and blinked slowly. No matter how much he tried, he couldn't read the bold red lights on his digital alarm clock on his bedside table.

He stuck his arm out of the cozy warmth of his blanket and rubbed one of his eyes, wanting to at least have one functioning one.

"Eight-thirty," he mumbled to himself once he could read the time before relaxing back into the comfort of the bed.

It was way too early to get up.

Or at least he thought so for a second before realization set in.

Jay turned around and looked at the other of the bed which was currently occupied by his beautiful wife. Her limbs were strewn around and her dark hair was everywhere on her pillow, creating an image he woke up to regularly.

He cherished those mornings because he felt like he had the privilege to see her unfiltered and unmade. When getting out of bed, the first thing she would usually do was brush her teeth and wash her face, and after that she would brush out her hair and put it up.

Then she would be ready to present herself to everyone else. If she felt like it, she would do her makeup as well, which Jay didn't have anything against but didn't necessarily like either because she didn't need to add anything to her face to look better in his opinion. He wouldn't voice it, though, because he knew that she just liked to do her makeup for herself and not others, which was the glaring difference between feeling good for oneself and feeling good for others.

Jay realized that he was just staring at his love, so he turned to his side and brushed a few locks of her hair out of her face to be able to see her closed eyes and cute nose.

How she was not bothered by her hair touching her face was beyond him. If he had long hair, he knew he wouldn't be able to sleep with it touching his bare skin. It would tickle him.

Jay placed the pad of his pointer finger on the center of her forehead and slowly dragged it down the bridge of her nose until it stopped on the tip of her nose. He pressed his finger down and watched as her face scrunched up ever so slightly with a smile on his face.

She was slowly waking up, he could see it.

But when she didn't show any other signs of it, he decided to disturb her a little more while he had the chance to. He dragged his finger down her face, past her upper lip and stopping on her lower one.

It felt soft and almost squishy.

So he slowly pulled her lower lip down, revealing her shiny teeth underneath.

She still didn't move.

A small pout appeared on his own lips. He wanted her awake, because if he was awake, she had to be awake. He'd get bored easily if it was just him awake in the whole house.

Speaking of house; the gardener would arrive in less than half an hour, and one of the two needed to get up and prepare breakfast they could offer Brusler, their trusted gardener of two years. They had made it a routine to give him breakfast every morning whenever he'd come over to attend to their garden.

After having gotten engaged and married two years prior, the couple had decided it was time to move out of the monastery and live on their own. They had made the decision to settle in the outskirts of Ignacia, which was close to Nya's parents' place as well as Ninjago City. Since Jay's parents were living in the Sea of Sands, there was no way for the two to live in a desert, so that was the best they thought they could do.

Sure, the two were wealthy enough to afford a "better" house or more staff, such as a cook or a butler, but they cherished their privacy, which was why they only hired a gardener who would come and work every Sunday.

"Wake up, sleepyhead," Jay whispered, poking Nya's cheek.

She let out a whine of disagreement and turned to her other side, away from him. Jay sat up in bed and stared at her like she'd just punched him in his gut. He crawled closer to her, his knees both barely touching her back, and leaned down to her so that his face was right in front of hers.

Nya could feel his hot breath hitting her face. She opened one of her eyes and saw his eye right in front of hers. Sighing, she decided it was time to wake up for his sake.

She willed both of her eyes to stay open while she stretched and yawned. "What?" she asked him when all he did was watch her. "You're being creepy again."

"I can't help it," he argued. "You're too beautiful not to stare at."

"What's the time?"

Jay furrowed his eyebrows and told her the time.

Nya blinked. "It's too early to be complimented," she said, making him grin.

"It's never too early or late to compliment my wife, darling," he reasoned. "I've wifed you up for that reason."

"So that's all it was about." Nya yawned again. "You only proposed to me so you could compliment me early in the morning."

"Basically. Yeah."

Nya slowly shook her head, feigning disappointment. She turned over and buried her face in her pillow.

Jay was quick to turn her back around. "You know you can't lay on your stomach, Nya."

"Whatever."

"No." Jay shook his head. "No whatever. Don't you need to pee?"

"You're reading my mind," Nya said. She stretched her arms out and waited for him to pick her up.

Shaking his head with a gentle smile on his face, Jay stood up and stretched. Then he walked over to her side and carefully picked her up in his arms. He relished in the feel of her arms and legs wrapped around his body, as well as her five-month-pregnant belly pushing into his torso, reminding him of what he was going to be rewarded with in less than four months.

And he couldn't wait for that day to arrive when he and his love would finally seal their forever with their firstborn child.