Day 4: Promise

"My hair is beginning to get too long," Jay said, glancing at his reflection in the bathroom mirror. "I think I'll need to cut it-"

Nya stopped brushing her teeth midway and glared at him through the mirror. She quickly spat the toothpaste out of her mouth and into the porcelain sink before turning to him.

"Don't you dare."

"But it's about time, Nya," her boyfriend argued. "It'll look ugly if I don't cut it shorter."

"Your hair is the best quality you have," Nya deadpanned.

Jay raised his eyebrows.

His Yang rolled her eyes. "I'm being dramatic, I know, but you can't cut it." She gathered some water in the palms of her hands and put it in her mouth. She gargled up the remaining toothpaste before spitting it into the sink.

Then she dried her hands and curled a lock of Jay's auburn hair around her finger. "It's too pretty. And you'll make me sad if you cut it. You don't want to make me sad, do you?" She gave him her best doe eyes to match her tone, and she knew he was about to crack based on the uncertain look on his face.

The two stared at each other silently until he let out a sigh and shook his head.

"Fine," he said, turning back to the mirror and narrowing his eyes at his reflection, especially his hair. "I won't cut it for now. But I will have to cut it sooner or later, and next time I won't be listening to you."

"Promise you won't cut your hair?" Nya told him, ignoring the half-threat at the end.

"I promise I won't cut my hair," Jay repeated monotonously. Then he rubbed the six-day-old stubble on his jaw that was pricking his hand. "Now onto this problem here..."

Nya shot him a serious look and watched as Jay hunched over from laughing at the look on her face after he said that.

Her and her obsession with his hair... He would never get it, but he couldn't hide the fact that it amused him.