130

Chapter 130 Marriage

Sujiayan became a hit. ALong with this, Su Family’s girls entered the circle of wealthy families in Luohe Prefecture. Especially Su Family’s eldest daughter. Her story can be found out by anyone who had intention to.

Those wealthy families who need someone who can judge matters and take care of household matters naturally took a great favor toward the young girl, Su You Jin, who had changed Su Family from an unknown outsider to a new noble in the business circles of Luohe Prefecture on her own strength in just four or five years.

"Madam Su, that Chen Family is one of the best in the silk and satin business in Luohe Prefecture. Chen Family’s gentleman is a Tongsheng at the age of sixteen. Chen Family’s Master and Madam are also kind and generous. Before I came here, I was told that as long as Eldest Miss marries over, she will be treated as their own daughter!"

Sitting in the parlor of Su Family’s main courtyard was a woman in her forties wore a peach red dress with festive red velvet flowers on her head and a handkerchief embroidered with red lotuses in her hand. Like flowers coming out of her mouth, she boasted that the youngest son of Master Chen to heaven and earth.

Another woman with a slightly plump figure and dressed as a matchmaker, smiled like a bright chrysanthemum and interrupted the first matchmaker: "What does Chen Family’s Young Master amount to? If I have to say, Li Family’s Young Master is better. That family’s Master has a Juren background and there are more than 100 mu of fertile land in the family. Gentleman Li is now seventeen years old and he was already a Xiucai. He’ll become Zhuangyuan. It is certainly not a problem to be titled a Marquis or a Prime Minister. If our Eldest Miss enters Li's residence, getting the identity of mandated madam is a definite matter in a few years, right! "

"Mrs. Xin, isn’t your conscience ill at ease when you say that. That Li Family’s Young Master had been engaged three times. Each time, the fiancée was either sick or the fiancée had eloped with someone. You dare to bring up such a person as a marriage match. Truly not afraid of being laughed at!" It went without saying that first matchmaker who got got off halfway was displeased. On top of that, she couldn't bear her being so proud. So she sarcastically said.

The matchmaker who was called Mrs. Xin was naturally unhappy when she saw her dismantling her stage. She retorted: "That's the females’ business. What's does it have to do with Gentleman Li? What right do you have to say about me? How powerful is Chen Family’s Madam, ah? You insist on lying and say she is a kind person! Fang Ru Hua, aren't you afraid of your life shortening when you lie to people like this!"

"Who are you calling a liar!"

"You!"

Seeing that the two were about to start a fight, the confused and awkward Mrs. Su hurriedly motioned Auntie Song to pull them apart and declined them with a smile: "Thank you two matchmakers for your good intention, but my You Jin is still small now. I want to keep her for two more years!"

Only then did Mrs. Xin and Mrs. Fang realize that they had lost their composure. They coughed twice in embarrassment. Mrs. Xin was thicker-skinned and responded with a smile: "Eldest Miss is almost sixteen this year. If Madam wants to keep her longer, how about just an engagement for now. It’s possible to marry in later. That Chen Family’s gentleman is really a top-notch talent. It would be a pity if Eldest Miss missed it!"

"Thank you for your kind thoughts, but our You Jin’s personality hasn't settled yet. I want to keep her for another year or two to grind her temper. When it’s time to discuss marriage in the future, I will definitely seek the two of you for help." Although Mrs. Su had a headache, she didn't dare to offend the matchmakers. After all, You Yin was the only one in the family who was engaged. The other seven daughters will need to seek marriage one after another in the future. If they offend them, finding marriage will be difficult.