Side Story: Dazzling Beauty

Reine pov: I stared at the silver snow falling from the sky, just glancing at its beauty. The snow was chilly, yet it also didn't nip at my skin as much as I thought it would.

"Reine, you need to focus!" My small, brown-haired friend said I looked down at her, sighing slightly.

"Sorry, Anya, I'm just really focused on the snow." I told her. Anya tilted her head to the side and murmured something that I couldn't quite make out: "huh?" I said gently, hearing her reply again after

"You said that when we got her, you kept admiring the scenery, but didn't you want to meet up with Kiara-senpai?" Anya asked me

Her name sank into my ears and made me jolt up. Shoot, I forgot!" I said it loudly, only to get shushed by nearby bystanders.

Anya looked around and said, "I can take you there." She told me I agreed that it may be better if she goes with me so she can at least help me explain why I am late.

I forced her to transform into her Keris form and ran down the path with her, telling me directions. We came to a broken stone wall, and I was told to jump over it, so I did just that. As soon as I got to the summit, I saw Kiara standing at the rendezvous area.

"Kiara-senpai!!" I called out, getting the orange-haired girl's attention. She looked as if she were pouting.

"I told you not to call me senpai." Kiara spoke quietly. She walked up to me and clasped my hand tightly; yet, with a ton of care, I felt my face get flushed.

"K-Kiara, I'm sorry to have kept you waiting." I stated apologetically

"No worries; I was running late and just got here!" Kiara responded cheerfully.

Her face had a light tint to it, but nothing that was prominent on her face filled me with disappointment. "Why were you late?" I asked the Phoenix

"Ah, you see, I have a friend from another school, Pomu; I was just checking on her," she told me.

"Did you talk to her about Calli?" I asked her, and Kiara nervously fiddled with her fingers.

"Not necessarily; I mean, I don't really have much to tell her about Calli anymore; the two of us worked out our relationship and made it to the next step," She said.

I sighed bitterly and nodded in response to her: "You two are cute together." I responded

Kiara opened her mouth. "Are you-" There was a loud noise that interrupted our conversation. We both looked in the direction of the noise, and I saw a blonde girl.

"Hey Kiara!" Pomu yelled out to the girl, who was stunned by this.

"I guess you can meet her after all," Kiara laughed. I squeezed Anya, causing her to undo her transformation.

"Hi Kiara-senpai, how are you?" Anya asked

"Pretty good. I mean, I'm happy I get to talk to Reine." Kiara said to her:

"Don't ignore me!" Pomu ragefully shouted out as she flew over to the phoenix.

Kiara laughed at the fairy, who was pouting. "I didn't mean to ignore you," she said before patting the blonde girl's shoulder.

The fairy girl stared at me, causing me to sweat nervously. "Who is this?" She asked Kiara

"Ah, I'm Pavolia Reine. I'm pleased to make your acquaintance." I formally said, making sure to bow to be more polite.

Kiara circled behind me and patted my back repeatedly, saying, "No need to be so formal!" She laughed at me.

"But this is my first time meeting your friend, so I want to at least make a good first impression!" I told her