Chapter 3

----------------------------------------------

'In Navier's Room'

----------------------------------------------

-Navier's POV-

"Your Majesty!" Lady Luara yelled, running into the room excitedly. "What is it, Luara?" I asked, and Luara looked at me. "It was just as we predicted. His Majesty is appointing Lady Angelica as his Mistress as of right now. Well, the documents still need to be signed, but it is happening now," Lady Luara said. 

I look at her. "He is?" I asked, and Luara nodded her head.

"Yes! I was just over His Majesty's place to tell him that Countess Eliza and I will watch over Lady Angelica until she gets some ladies-in-waiting for herself, courtesy of Your Majesty. He said it was alright as long as Your Majesty doesn't mind us watching or caring for Lady Angelica." Laura said.

I nodded. "Alright, I agree, as long as you both make her feel welcome. God knows how long she will get used to things here," I said 

"When will she be appointed?" I asked. 

Countess Eliza walked to me. "According to the rumors and what Lady Luara said, as soon as possible, before the New Year's Ceremony." She said.

--------------------------------------------------------------

-(What Angelica's wearing When She Is Signing The Agreement To Become A Mistress)-

----------------------------------------------

'In Baron Lante's Office'

----------------------------------------------

-Angelica's POV-

"After the Prime Minister hands his Majesty the notarized document, his Majesty will sign it first. And you should sign below him." Baron Lante said as I looked at him, "I understand... but I do not have a signature," I said as I blushed in embarrassment.

"Oh, don't worry, Lady Angelica. You can make one right now," He said. I started to fidget a little "Well... I..." I tried to speak, but I was too embarrassed. He looked at me, till he got the idea. 'Oh!'  He looked at me. "Could it be that you don't know how to write?" He asked me. 

I blushed in embarrassment.

"It's not that I don't know how to. Just after being kidnapped when I was younger and being back as an enslaved person, I forgot everything Duchess Trovi taught me. I'm trying to remember everything she taught me but can't. And I never got to thank her for caring for me when I was just a slave child," I said, looking at him.