Chapter 2: "Below The Surface."

Charlie looked at her and nodded, heading to the other party rooms. She first checked the Child area. "Mr. Afton? Are you in here?" She didn't see him. She only saw Confetti. Since they were about to close anyways, Kate shut her off, rubbing her arm before leaving the room. She met up with Charlie in the main party room. "He's not in any of the extra party rooms."

"He's not in the child's area either." She looked at her watch. It's time for you to head home, it's late."

"But... we need to find him." He looked at her. "It's alright, I'll find him. I still have night shift anyways." He looked at her and sighed. "Fine. But, text me and let me know if you find him."

"Sounds good. Cya, Charlie." She waved. "Toodles." He waved back, leaving the Pizzaria. "Now... the maintenance room. Nobody has checked in there yet." She walked backstage to the room, attempting to open the door.

"Why is it locked? Good thing Charlie gave me an extra pair of keys." She unlocked the door. What she saw next was absolutely terrifying. Her eyes widened and she dropped the key. Her breath got heavy. "M-Mr. A- Afton...?" She said weakly. She saw William with a knife in his hand. She saw 5 kids bodies lying on the ground, drowned in blood. "Why hello, Miss Bridge." He had a sinister smile on his face. Kate was too shocked to speak, her eyes swelled up with tears. "What the fuck!?! Why did you do this!?!?" Her voice cracked and filled with anger. "Well, my dear... it was only right. You see, I was using them for an... experiment."

He got closer to her. "But you know... I could use you for an experiment too." Tears rolled down her face, running to the childrens area. "Oh no Kate, you can't get away from me." He chuckled. She closed the door, locking it. She hid underneath the large slide. Her body was shaking and she was sobbing, hoping he wouldn't find her. "I know you're in here..." She heard his voice echo in the room. "I need to escape." She thought to herself. "Come on out, Kate." She heard him out the door.

She heard the door unlocking. "Shit. I need to think." She thought. She then remembered the vent behind Confetti. Before William could open the door, she ran behind Confetti. She heard the door open. "I won't bite..." He laughed maliciously. Her breath got heavy again, trying to stay calm. She did her best to push the vent, trying to stay quiet. She heard his footsteps getting closer. At this point, she didn't care to stay quiet.

She put her foot up against the vent and kicked it with her full power. After multiple attempts, she kicked it down. She looked behind her, searching for William. To her surprise he was right behind her, grabbing her foot. He then took the knife and stabbed her leg. She screamed in pain, kicking him in the face. He let go of her. "Agh! You bastard." He covered his face wincing, his nose was bloody. Kate quickly crawled through the vents, searching for the one that lead outside.

Shortly after, she saw the moonlight. "Finally!" She said to herself, busting the vent door. As she climbed outside, she limped to Charlie's apartment. "Holy shit my leg hurts." She winced. "But I have to tell Charlie. He has to know." She got there slowly but surely. Charlie always gave her access to his apartment. When she arrived, she opened his door with the extra key. "Charlie. CHARLIE." She shouted. "Wha- Kate? What are you doing he- OH MY GOD. What the hell happened to your leg?? Are you okay??" He was freaking out. "Listen, dummy! I'm trying to tell you."

**Hello, hello! Thank you so much for reading my story, it truly means so much! As you know, this is an AU. All of the plots in this story are not owned by the actual FNAF creators. Chapter 3 coming soon!**