Chapter 4: Padme

After two days, and chaos already ensuing in the barracks of the 501st, in true Skywalker fashion, Rex sat in his office.

If he had hair he'd have pulled every single little strand out.

Somehow Anakin was kind of back to himself already, which unfortunately meant one thing...

Nonstop pranks.

And the fact general Mukan visited yesterday and they bonded over that, and Fives, it only created more chaos.

Out of all clone battalions, Cody had labelled his as the most chaotic.

Rightfully so.

Fives alone was beyond enough, though you add in Etain and Anakin and...it will be disaster.

Yesterday there were multiple slug beetles released into the mess hall, courtesy of three certain individuals who require no naming, and where the beetles came from and how they were released no one knew.

To say the scene of the beetles just casually floating around while food was flying everywhere and food fights breaking out in the midst of it being pure chaos...ugh...

He could do without a day of chaos, yet the universe seems to have other ideas.

Soon Rex found that his Holo projector was beeping, so he answered.

The hologram form of senator Amidala appeared.

"Senator Amidala." He greeted a bit confused.

Truthfully he'd already figured out the relationship between her and Anakin, it was honestly obvious to most.

"Rex. Uh, is Anakin there?"

"Oh yes, please hold o-"

Anakin walked in at the perfect moment.

"Rex where is...Padme..." He hid behind his back instruments he was planning on using in the next prank.

Which involved Tarkin.

She turned to face him.

"Ani! Um, what are you doing?"

He smiled.

"Pfft, oh just spending some time with the boys."

She raised a brow in scepticism.

"Uh huh. Because I hear from Ahsoka about your chaotic escapades."

"Well Ahsoka sometimes exaggerates. For example; if she calls it 'chaotic', what she means to say is 'energetic'."

Padme nodded.

"Sure. Well I called to check in and it would appear that you're doing alright now."

"I guess."

"What is it?" She inquired.

Rex left, knowing this was between the two of them, closing the door behind him.

"I can't lie and say I am. I mean I'm better, but I still have a ways to go before being alright." He sighed.

Padme smiled sympathetically.

"It'll be okay love. Despite you leaving the order, the 'boys' as you call them, seem to be picking you back up."

"They're good like that somehow. I just hope some of the others in the order are okay."

Padme's smile vanished.

"Well, not Obi-Wan. From what Cody tells me, Obi-Wan just cried himself to sleep the last couple nights. Actually Cody doubts he's sleeping at all."

Anakin felt guilty for that.