Chapter 12: Vision

Anakin put up a composure and expression of being highly but silently furious when he entered the senate.

He speed walked to Palpatine's office and entered.

Palpatine smiled when he saw him.

"Ah, Anakin."

He noticed Anakin's anger, looking concerned as he walked around his desk.

"What's wrong my boy?"

"Those stupid kriffin'...ugh. Sorry Chancellor. The Jedi council accepted me back just recently, and appointed me to the council as master Allie just stepped down, but they wouldn't give me the rank of master."

Okay, Anakin had to admit he sounded for real here.

And acted like it too.

Palpatine looked surprised slightly.

"But isn't Ahsoka a Jedi knight now?"

"Exactly! But they wouldn't listen."

Palpatine walked over, placing a hand on his shoulder as they walked.

"Calm yourself Anakin. I know you're a very talented Jedi, and if the council cannot see it, then I fear they have fallen far."

Anakin nodded.

"They don't even care anymore."

He sighed.

"Even Obi-Wan ignores me."

Palpatine felt glee on the inside, knowing the Jedi were only digging their grave far sooner rather than later.

Much more preferable.

"I'm certain the opportunity to prove them wrong shall present itself."

They walked into the hall leading to Palpatine's private office.

"There is...something else."

"Oh?" Palpatine inquired.

What could he use now?

"I've had dreams for the past few nights of...of Padme, and she...she dies in childbirth."

Anakin spoke with pure and raw emotion.

But truth was, that was a blatant lie, it was just part of his plan to expose the Sith.

"And I don't want to lose her, or my children. I can't."

Palpatine Proceeded to tell him a tale about Darth Plagueis the Wise.

About how he could cheat death and blah blah blah.

Anakin then asked him.

"Is it possible to learn this power?"

"Not...from a Jedi." Palpatine replied a bit cryptically.

Anakin nodded.

"I would learn it, if it means saving her."

Palpatine smiled.

Hm, he senses genuine emotions from Skywalker, so he was in fact very, very disillusioned from the Jedi.

Good, then another thing off the checklist.

"A good mindset Anakin. It shows you are open to other pathways, even the nature of the dark side."

Anakin raised a brow.

"How do you know the dark side?"

Palpatine stopped, Anakin stepping back from him.

"Anakin, if one is to master the force, one must master all its aspects, not just the dogmatic, narrow view of the Jedi."

They walked in circles around each other.

"Don't continue to be a pawn of the Jedi council. Please, I'm begging you. Only through me can you achieve great power."

Anakin ignited his lightsaber.

Now he had him right where he wanted him.

"You're the Sith Lord."

Palpatine looked at him darkly.

"Are you going to kill me Anakin?"

"I would certainly like to." Anakin replied frowning.

"Go on, use your anger, harness it. Strike me down in it, it gives you great strength."

Anakin shook his head, deactivating his lightsaber.

"I'm going to turn you over to the Jedi council."

Palpatine grinned.

"Of course you should, though keep in mind Anakin that only through me can you find the power to save Padme."

Anakin pretended to listen.

He also noticed things in Palpatine's office the whole time.

He recalled master Rancisis' words.

"Vision is the art of seeing what is invisible to others."

He'd seen artifacts, Sith artifacts, just laying around in the open, how'd they miss that?

Well, he suspected master Rancisis hadn't.

He'd rushed out of the Senate building afterwards and went straight to the Jedi council to inform them.

"Skywalker?" Yoda inquired.

"He confessed, and told me some tale of Darth Plagueis, whoever that was. Anyway, he is in fact the Sith Lord. I think now is the best time, especially since he's convinced he's got me now." Anakin told them.

Mace nodded, and rose from his seat.

Masters Kolar, Rancisis, Plo, KCAJ, and Mundi also rose from their seats.

"We will go with you. The rest of the council will set up defenses at the temple until we've returned." Mace said.

Anakin felt reassured Mace and Plo would be there to have his back, and honestly Oppo too.

Yoda nodded.

"And wait here until you return, we will."

With this, Anakin and the six Jedi masters left to the temple hangar, entered a gunship, then left towards the Senate building.