Franticshipping: Strawberries

In honor of Ruby's birthday on June 2nd I'mma write a very popular oneshot. (I don't know if you can tell but this is my OTP (^ω^)) (also yeah, I know I'm kinda late T^T)

(Ruby x Sapphire) (manga)

~strawberries~

Ruby sighed and tossed the Coorodinator magazine to the side. He'd read it several times before already, and it's grown old to him. He looked over at Sapphire, who was playing with Kiki. A devious plot formed in his head, making him smile. "Hey Sapphire." He called. "Yeah?" She put Kiki down and looked at him. "I think my nose smells like strawberries." He tapped his nose for effect. Sapphire tried and failed to conceal her curiosity. "Really?" She asked. "Yeah. Kiki thinks so. Right Kiki?" He pet her smooth fur. "Del!" She purred. Though she didn't intend to, Sapphire caved in. "Let me smell." She leaned towards Ruby's face and sniffed the air. "I don't smell anything." She said, a welt of disappointment growing inside her. She actually wanted to smell strawberries, though she'd never admit it. "Huh? Come a little closer, maybe you will." Ruby smooth-talked, luring her into his trap. She did, so their noses were brushing against each other. In one sweeping motion, Ruby kissed her. Aha! Caught ya! He thought, laughing in his mind. He smiled. "I was just kidding." He chuckled. Sapphire's face flushed bright pink. "RUBY!!" She shouted, which made him chuckle again. "You sharp-tongued, quick-witted Zorua!" She proceeded to call him every name in the book, which only made Ruby laugh harder. This only infuriated Sapphire even more, to the point where she was steaming wordlessly with rage. "Hey." Ruby tapped her shoulder. When she turned to confront him, he kissed her again. And to Sapphire's delight, he tasted like strawberries.