Contestshipping: My Singing Dove

side note

I had an idea

*cracks knuckles*

let's do this

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

May was in the bathroom, brushing her short brown hair as she got ready for travelling to the next city in Johto with her rival and boyfriend, Drew. She had the radio playing from a speaker to her left, set on a channel that played the most popular songs of the time. A rather funky-sounding song started to play, one May knew well. She started to sway to the music, humming to herself and pursing her lips.

This soon broke out to full-blown jamming, and she shook her hips side to side as she twirled and started to sing out loud.

Drew was packing his things in the bedroom area of the small Pokémon Center room when he heard May's voice.

She's a good singer, he thought to himself, smiling.

He took a quick glance at his watch, seeing there was about half an hour before the train he and May were going to take left its station. He packed the rest of his things, putting his and May's bags by the door before walking to the restroom to fetch his obnoxiously loud girlfriend.

May was still dancing and singing, not noticing Drew in the doorway. The green-haired boy smirked and shook his head, walking over and wrapping his arms around her from behind as he turned the music down.

"You sound like a dying Gogoat," he murmured into her hair.

May turned red in embarassment and elbowed him. "Meanie! What do you want?"

He tightened his grip and traced circles on her hip. "A number of things," he suggested huskily.

May registered what he said and pushed him away, blushing hard enough to put a Cherubi to shame. "Pervert!"

Drew laughed and shook his head. "I was joking! C'mon, we've got a train to catch."

May huffed and grabbed the items scattered around the bathroom, putting them in her bag. The two left the Pokémon Center and boarded the train, riding in a comfortable silence as they held each other's hand.

"Drew, do I really sound like a dying Gogoat when I sing?" May asked randomly. Drew's eyes widened for a fraction of a second and he looked at her.

"Of course not! I was only making fun of you! You sound beautiful when you sing."

And as if to emphasize his point, he kissed her forehead, making her blush.

"Do you think I should incorporate some vocals to my next contest?"

"No," he immediately responded.

May furrowed her brow, confused. "Why not?"

"Because you'd get a lot of attention from the guys," Drew stated as if it was obvious. "And they'd want to hear that angelic voice sing for them. That can't happen."

May raised and eyebrow and giggled. "Reeeaally? How come?"

"Because you're mine," he kissed her briefly. "My singing dove."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It came to me while I was jamming out in the bathroom to the Pokémon Theme Song

YES I DOWNLOADED THAT I HAVE NO SHAME

NONE