Chapter 2

"How is he, Tsunade-sama?" Temari asked. She has been pacing up and down the hall to cool down after ranting. "He," Tsunade paused to take a shaky breath. "Is in coma."
"What?" She gasped in horror. "How?!"
"His chakra depletion was very serious, there is a big hole in his chest about the size of a fist, he has lost a lot of blood from that and then he went to shock which made things worse. The worst thing is he got a heart attack! How?! What happened?! I can't find out what the cause of that heart attack is!" Temari choked back her tears when she heard what condition Naruto was in. Why? Why didn't he tell us? Why did he keep quiet?
Temari told Tsunade the entire incident with Sakura. As each second pass, Tsunade was getting angrier and angrier until she almost wanted to punch a wall but realise it was the hospital. "That little piece of shit." Tsunade growled out.
Sakura finally came to her realisation. She gasped. I'm so mean to Naruto...
Sakura ran. She has never ran so hard in her life. "Please! Tell me where Uzumaki Naruto's room is!" Sakura said frantically to the receptionist. "... Uzumaki... Ah! There he is. He's in intensive care unit."
"What why?"
"I'm not sure."
"Thanks!" Sakura yelled to the receptionist while running towards the ICU. They growled at her when she arrived. "I... I'm sorry. I realised my mistake. I'm sorry. I'm sorry." Sakura said profusely as tears streamed down her face. "I was angry, I'm sorry."
"You're sorry?" Temari growled out. "What can your sorry do?! Can it bring Naruto-kun out of coma?! Can it?! Can it close up the fist size hole in his chest?! Can it make Naruto forget you were mean to him so that he is happy again?!" Temari screamed at her. Gaara and Kankuro looked at each other, Temari was never one to be so emotional. Sakura's eyes widened as she lowered her head even further. Naruto's in coma?
"I'm sorry." she sobbed. "Can we see him?" Gaara asked. "Yes."
Temari cried even more into Shikamaru when she saw Naruto. Shikamaru hugged onto Temari to comfort her. He didn't know what to do when a crying woman clings onto you so he followed what Naruto had said to him before. Follow your instincts. They're always right. Naruto's voice ringed in his head. Naruto is so wise... How did I miss that before? Shikamaru thought sadly as he held Temari. Naruto has a tube down his throat because the hole in his chest has created a big gap in his lungs so Naruto unable to breathe on his own. He was wrapped in bandages. He looks so innocent and so peaceful. He looks so wary when awake... How did I miss that? They all thought. I missed so many things about him... How is his personality deep down inside? He is faking that smile... Every single time.
***********
Sasuke groaned as he woke up. He has a pounding headache but there was only one thing on his mind. Naruto. The last thing he remembered was Naruto releasing his own jutsu and pulling Sasuke's arm to his chest. Why did you do that?! Please be alright Naruto. Please. Sasuke thought desperately as he tried to get up as quickly as he could.
"Can you tell me where Uzumaki Naruto's room is?" Sasuke asked the receptionist, still weak. "Intensive Care Unit." She replied instantly as she has just checked for Naruto's room for a pink haired girl 5 minutes ago. "Thank you."
"Uchiha-San, you should be resting." she said. "Naruto is more important." Sasuke said as he walked away. "Why is so many people looking for that demon?" He heard another woman from behind the counter ask the receptionist. "Don't know. I just hope that Uchiha-San would kill that demon." The receptionist said. Demon? What are they talking about? Who is the demon? Sasuke chose to pretend he didn't hear it, he'll investigate further later.
"Sasuke-kun! You're awake!" Sakura said happily. "Hn." Sasuke grunted, Uchiha style. "How's Naruto?" Sakura was slightly upset that Sasuke hadn't ask about her but she have already decided to change. Change to be good to Naruto. To not be mean. To protect him. To protect a friend. Her teammate. "He's," Sakura paused, she didn't know how Sasuke would react. They all knew Sasuke had treated Naruto like a brother. "He's what?!" Sasuke asked impatiently. "He's in coma." Gaara said emotionlessly, his turquoise coloured eyes bored into Sasuke's onyx coloured ones. "What? How?" Sasuke asked in disbelief. "He has a fist sized hole in his chest," Gaara said and noticed how Sasuke cringed, "he went into shock after pinky there, said stuff to him. Tsunade-sama said he suffered a heart attack during the operation." Gaara finished and looked for his reaction. He looked upset. "It's all my fault." Sasuke mumbled as he slid down the wall, burying his face into the crook of his arms. "If I hadn't left, Naruto wouldn't be like this."
"What happened Uchiha? Why does he have a FIST sized hole?" Tsunade asked. Sasuke told them the story starting from their confrontation. Tsunade is ready to punch a wall now. "Gaara, can you do me a favour?"
"Yes madam?"
"Make a wall of sand for me please?" They were confused but Gaara compiled anyways, no questions asked. Tsunade clenched her fist and punched it. At first there was nothing but the wall of sand cracked and crumbled. Tsunade's knuckles was bleeding but she heal it easily. "Thank you Gaara." Tsunade whispered. Gaara nodded as he cleaned up the ground by pulling the sand back to him.
Sasuke entered timidly, afraid of what he would see. He flinched when he saw Naruto but braved forward anyways. He sat down at Naruto's bedside and grabbed Naruto's hand. "Please Naruto. Please wake up. I'm back in Konoha already. I wouldn't leave. I promise." Tears streamed down his face but he didn't care. His image wasn't important anymore. "Please wake up." Sasuke fell asleep, still holding Naruto's hand.