Chapter 8

((Flashback))
6 year old Naruto ran for his life as an angry mob of villagers followed him like a swarm of bees. It was the Kyuubi festival, his birthday, the anniversary of many people's death and the anniversary of their fourth hokage and his wife's death. I can't shake them off! Naruto thought frantically as he looked around to for any possible escapes. None. He was surrounded. How can someone not escape when they are out in the freaking forest with an especially open area?! Naruto can't. The villagers are gonna make sure of it.
Naruto backed away as the villagers begun closing in on him. "Look what we've got here." one said, flashing his rotting yellow black teeth. Naruto cringed at the sight of such disgusting teeth. "Awww, the little boo is scared." Another mocked in a fake sickly sweet voice.
"Let's just begin!" Was the only warning before a sharp heavy rock connected with his head, knocking him over and dazing him but not yet knocking him out. Naruto tried to scramble away but they were too fast for the bleeding and half conscious blond, who was way too small and thin for his age. They started their fury of attacks, punching and kicking and throwing objects. They made sure that every inch of the so called demon was covered with a bruise or a cut or a wound. One finally brandished out a recently sharpened knife. "I sharpened my knife for this." The man said, waving the knife around. Everyone cheered him on as he crouched next to the dying kid. Naruto eyed the knife through the small slits of his swollen eyes. Naruto jerked as the knife slid easily into his abdomen. Blood rose up Naruto throat and escaped the sides of his slightly parted cracked lips. Naruto's head was yanked up to expose his neck. The man had this horribly evil glint in his eyes.
"Hey!" A male voice yelled, muffled slightly by the delicate animal mask they wear. The man panicked and his knife drew a thin line on the blond's neck. Everyone froze as they anticipated how deep the knife cut. Blood begun spluttering out, spilling everywhere. "Get them!" The male Anbu yelled, as he and his teammates created shadow clones to catch the escaping villagers.
The long purple haired Anbu was immediately next to the blond followed by a spiky purple haired Anbu and the male one. They immediately removed their masks, hoping it would make the kid trust them. "Hey, I'm Yugao. This is Anko and Hayate. We're Anbu." She explained as she pressed a lot of cloth on to the severed artery. He looked at them, his eyes were slowly losing their light. He suddenly gave them the biggest smile he can muster which was barely a small tug at his lips. "It's... Okay. I'm... Not worth... It." Naruto whispered weakly before his eyes closed. Yugao screamed and cried as she fumbled frantically for a pulse whilst trying to heal him. "Nooooo!!! Don't go!!!!! Please!!!" Yugao wailed as she concentrated hard on trying to heal him. Hayate and Anko shared some of their chakra with her while they watched in awe as the wounds speed up their healing and started to disappear, only leaving the slightest scar. It was definitely not Yugao's handy medical ninjutsu. "Whoa."
"Let's get him away from here." Hayate said as he gathered the boy in his arms, making a noise of surprise when he lifted him. He had braced himself for quite some weight but he almost tipped off balance when all he lifted weighed like a mere pillow.
*********
Naruto woken up a while later with the three immediately by his side. Naruto's eyes must have betrayed his feelings as they looked sheepish. He was slightly scared of them but not afraid as in like they would beat him up. He was afraid because he didn't know the, nor what they are capable of doing to him. "Hey?" Anko tried.
"You're not the best person when it comes to socialising." Yugao said dryly.
"Hey!"
"I hear the woman who wears fish nets as shirts talking." Yugao said. Naruto watch the interaction, Hayate was shaking his head in exasperation at the two bickering women. "Hi?" Naruto croaked out, his throat still raw from the slit to the throat. The two women immediately silenced themselves. Hayate looked at him in something akin to shock. He hadn't expect the young jinchuriki to even speak to them.
"Kawaiiiiiiiii!!!!" Anko squealed and was about to hug Naruto when Yugao and Hayate held her back. "Noooo! Let me go. I wanna hug him!!" Anko wailed as she waved her arms around to try reach the blond who flinched. They all saw that reaction so all actions seized yet again. "What's wrong?"
"Nothing!" Naruto said as cheerfully as he can muster. They all knew something was wrong but decide not to push the just awoken kid into stress. "Okay... Do you wanna eat?" Hayate asked, deciding to break the awkward silence.
"Huh?"
"Eat. Do you want to eat?"
"I get food to eat?" This time the three adults gawked at him in complete horror.
"Doesn't the orphanage give you food?" Yugao asked, feeling her blood start to boil. the small timid boy chewed on his lips and shook his head. "They kicked me out... They usually don't give me food and when they do, it's the leftovers or the already rotten or expired ones..."
"Then why does the hokage still think you're in the orphanage?!" Anko exploded. Naruto tried his best not to flinch so it reduced to a slight shift.
"Because they would always pull me back in whenever the hokage visits. Then the second he leaves they throw me out the window."
"Throw you out the window... Literally or metaphorically?" Hayate asked and soon realised his mistake, he used big words that little boys like Naruto wouldn't understand. But was shocked to the core when the said boy answered.
"Literally."
"Whoa... You know big words and you are very fluent too." Naruto shifted uncomfortably, not very used to being praised. "Thank you?"
(( end flashback ))
If only they knew... If only they knew how Naruto had truly felt. If only they knew what Naruto had been doing to himself despite already receiving abuse. If only they knew the extent of what was truly happening to him. He wouldn't be on the floor of his small destroyed apartment, pulling the shiny blade against his own skin, trying to bleed himself out. He wouldn't have scars aligning his arms and legs that are starting to overlap each other. There wouldn't be angry red and white lines glaring back at him. He wouldn't always be misinterpreting what people said and not said. He wouldn't have always thought that people have hidden motives and unsaid words that are always mocking him and insulting him.