Chapter 12

Naruto resume to talking to Tenten after they packed continued their journey. Sasuke and Neji and the two jounins were inching to eavesdrop on the conversation. They were expecting Naruto to be screaming out stuff like wanting to be hokage and all the things he did, like saving Gaara from himself etc., but no!! He isn't. He was talking to Tenten about weapons!
"So what type of weapons do you normally like to use?"
"Anything! I usually store them in a scroll so I can throw ten thousand weapons at the same time! Maybe not ten thousand but you get what I mean?!" Tenten said excitedly. Naruto nodded at Tenten's excitement. He suddenly looked around and gestured for Tenten to come closer. Tenten frowned in confusion but did so anyways.
"Do you like Neji?" He whispered, making Tenten jerk back in alarm.
"Of course I do! He's my friend!" Tenten had exclaimed, making everyone confuse.
"No! That's not what I meant! Like as in like like not friend like! You know? The other like." Naruto hissed only for Tenten to hear him, trying to get Tenten to tone her volume down. "Oh, oh... Yeah. He is really handsome. I-i really really love him. But I don't think he likes me." Tenten whispered back. The rest, excluding Sakura and Lee who were too absorbed in their own conversation, were straining their ears to listen but the two were just too good at whispering.
Naruto nodded his understanding. "Then why don't you start trying to get to know him?"
"I don't know?! I'm scared! What if I stuff up?" Tenten hissed.
"I'll help you." Naruto said before they're conversation went back to weapons.
When they stopped to rest, Tenten showed Naruto how to do space time ninjutsu and to her delight and everyone's surprise, Naruto got it on the first go.
"You're such a natural!" Tenten exclaimed gleefully.
"Thank you."
After a little food and a few more minutes of rest, they continued walking to head towards the borders before they have to travel by boat to Kumogakure. Naruto had swapped talking partners with Sasuke and so now Naruto and Neji is walking side by side.
"Do you like Tenten?" Naruto asked in the same quiet voice as he had used when talking to Tenten about Neji. He looked at Naruto weirdly.
"Of course-"
"I mean as more than a friend." Naruto said.
"Oh... Yeah... She's pretty cute I guess." Neji admitted embarrassedly.
"Ask her out." Naruto blurted out quietly, making Neji sputter in shock.
"Just do it." Naruto encouraged before he grabbed Neji and then dragged him to Tenten then replaced Sasuke with Neji before pulling Sasuke away to give them space. "What was that for?" Sasuke asked, confused.
"Making our future generation of hyuuga and weapon master." Sasuke raised an eyebrow before smirking as he understood Naruto. They watched quietly as Neji started an awkward conversation with Tenten before it became evident that they were made for each other and soon they were holding hands. Naruto did a small victory dance.
Kurama looked on sadly. Why is he playing matchmaking when he is suffering himself? Why are you so selfless kit? Kurama thought to itself. Why aren't you finding happiness for yourself?
Because, when I die no one would have to suffer that burden of having a dead boyfriend. Nor that I think anyone would wanna even date something like me...
You're not a something! You're a someone!
I'm nobody. I'm not worth living for. Nor am I suppose to be worth saving.