43

The attacks kept coming but Sesshomaru kept deflecting them always with a look of concentration. Kagome, Sango, Miroku, Kazunari and Inuyasha were battling with the thousands of demons that Naraku unleashed in order to distract Sesshomaru.

Naraku kept dodging Sesshomaru's Bakusaiga knowing that if Sesshomaru gets him with that he would more than likely die. Inuyasha was sick and tired of it all, she just  wanted him dead already.

"Kagome, come over here and climb on my back!  We need to get him with a double whammy" Inuyasha said going over to her friend. She then looked over at Kazunari "Think you can help Sango and Miroku with these stupid demons?"

Kazunari nodded then leaped over to where Sango was. Inuyasha grabbed Kagome and ran to where Sesshomaru was holding off Naraku's miasma with his own demonic aura. Sesshomaru looked to where Kagome and her were and snarled them

"Inuyasha get away from here! Go back to the castle now!" He thundered as he flew over to where they was.

Inuyasha shook her head at him "Don't be stupid" she said then bared her fangs at Naraku "Ready Kagome?"

The priestess nodded as she readied an arrow. Inuyasha felt Tetsusaiga pulse as she got it ready for her adamant barrage, but just as she was going to strike at him she saw Naraku laugh, and sent shards of bone armor right at Sesshomaru, managing to wound him. She watched in shock as the pieces pierced his body

"No" the female silver-inu whispered, as she saw her powerful mate gritting his teeth as he fell to one knee. Inuyasha looked up to see Naraku laughing as the armor on his arm stretched into a long sharp bone blade, his gaze on Sesshomaru. He was getting ready to give him the killing blow.

Inuyasha snarled and ran over to Sesshomaru "Now Kagome!" the female silver-inu yelled "Adamant Barrage!"  and thousands of shards sprang out of Tetsusaiga.

"Hit the mark!" Kagome called out as one sacred arrow flew across the air towards Naraku. Naraku gritted his teeth as the combination shattered his barrier and speared him forcing him to retreat.

"Byakuya now!"

Inuyasha frowned when she  heard Naraku yell an order.....but to who? Naraku was retreating. She walked over to Sesshomaru who stood up after yanking the last bone shard from his body, wincing and glaring at her

She flinched, knowing he was pissed at her for not listening.  Just when she was about to touch him,  something pricked her neck. She frowned when she touched the area and pulled out a very small needle.

Immediately she felt groggy and weak. Her mouth went dry as she tried to take another step but her body wouldn't listen to her

She could hear people shouting her name but they sounded far away and dim, like someone calling out to her from a dream. Inuyasha blinked once before closing her eyes and was unable to open them. She didn't even feel herself hit the floor

______________________

"Inuyasha!"

Just as Sesshomaru reached to grab her, his body jerked from the force that Naraku impaled him with one of his tentacles. He tasted his own blood, and turned his face to snarl at him.

"You lost Sesshomaru" he gloated as another tentacle reached out to wrap itself around Inuyasha. Her body was limp, her delicate neck exposed as he dragged her to him.