51

He watched as she slept, his chest was tight as he watched her innocent face,  eyes drinking in her body next. She was with pup. He kneeled by her and caressed her hair, she murmured and turned on her back still asleep. He couldn't help it, he laid his head on her stomach and closed his eyes and allowed the scent of their pup and his mate to over come his senses.

Their pup

The vision he had those months ago returned as he remembered their son running up to Inuyasha laughing…happy. Their children will be happy, he would do everything in his power to ensure their future was filled with family and warmth.

He was making plans for their family when he felt the presence of many elder demons approaching the castle.

Sesshomaru wanted to snarl but didn't want to wake Inuyasha up. She needed to rest, being pregnant was going to zap her of her strength and make her tire easily.

Her safety now more than ever, was a priority.

Picking her up he moved her to the center of the bed and tucked her in, kissing her gently before moving to put on his armor and leave the chambers. He called out for the guards.

Six came quickly and kneeled before him.

"Do you care for your Lady?" He asked knowing that while they were loyal to him, it was out of fear, but to Inuyasha, they where loyal to her because they all loved her. She treated them kindly and who could resist her carefree nature?

"Yes my Lord" they answered "We would die to protect Lady Inuyasha"

He nodded "Good, then guard her well. Your Lady is with pup now, don't let anyone in and do not allow her to venture out"

They nodded then went to stand by the door of the chamber, their weapons drawn for any attacks. He really didn't like leaving her safety in the hands of others but he knew they wouldn't let anything happen to her. They knew as well as he did that a pregnant female was sacred to their world.

They were guarded and treasured.

He walked into the great hall and sat on the high chair to the end. He didn't keep audiences so he rarely used this room and rarely sat on the throne but today he would show those stuffy old demons that he was not someone they could trifle with.

The first person to enter the room was his mother.

He should have known she would go to the council, but then she allowed another person to enter with her.

Akira.

Sesshomaru rolled his eyes. Of course she would bring her along, Akira was no doubt curious to see what his mate looks like.

"What do you want mother? I already told you" he said pinning them both with a cold glare "I have no intentions of leaving my mate"

"Please see reason my son" she said then went to place a hand on Akira shoulder "Akira is here to become your mate. Renounce your sinful ways and bond with her as it should have been done"

"Listen to your mother Lord Sesshomaru" said the elder Kazuhito, head of the demon council, he walked into the great hall.

"She has told us what you have done. The old ways died with your father, give up this shameful obsession you have with your half sister and take Lady Akira as your mate"

Sesshomaru laughed "It's a little too late to renounce to anything I'm afraid"

"What are you implying Lord Sesshomaru?" asked the second elder Lord Seiji.

"I am implying that I know our laws. I know that it is against tradition to mate with a sibling, not that it's against our laws. Do not take me for a fool" he stood up and glared at them "And I will not bond with a female that is not Inuyasha….who happens to be with pup"

His mother's eyes widened "How could you?! She is far too young you fool!" she said shaking her head angrily.

"What is your mother referring to?" asked Lord Kazuhito "How old is your mate?"

"She is 58" Sesshomaru said coldly.

A murmur erupted among the elders as they looked at him in aghast.

"This is an outrage!" said the other elder Lord Ryouma "Lord Sesshomaru your mate is not of proper age to carry a pup, she is too young!"

"Which is why she is not to be disturbed" Sesshomaru said harshly "Leave at once, you should know that since she is with pup I will not tolerate strangers in my home where she dwells"

His eyes bled red as his aura pulsed making the elders squirm a bit. He had enormous power and they well know it, they knew that he would not hesitate to cut them down if he felt they were endangering Inuyasha

"She needs to come out and face the council Sesshomaru" said Inukimi "It is our laws that she needs to present her self before the council since she is now Lady of the Western Lands"

Sesshomaru saw Akira flinch but he didn't care.

"She is sleeping and I will not disturb her. Leave" he said before turning and leaving the great hall.

He knew they wouldn't dare linger to long, his control was hanging on by a thread as it was. He reached the doors to his and Inuyasha's chambers and slipped inside, his inner demon demanding on holding Inuyasha in his arms.

She was sleeping peacefully on their bed. He climbed in with her and held her body and inhaled deeply, growling low in his chest when the scent of their pup got a bit stronger. "I won't let them near her….she is mine and I will make sure it stays that way" he thought

"Sessh?" she said sleepily before yawning, her small fangs flashing before she turned in bed and snuggled into him

"Sleep my mate" he said kissing the top of her head "I have overtaxed you again and you need to regain your strength if our pup is to be strong" he placed his hand on her stomach and rubbed it gently.

She smiled, her eyes still closed "Careful O'mighty youkai…you're in danger of being a softie at heart"

He  chucked at her. "Only for you Inuyasha, only for you"